Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL - BGE - $500 B/0

WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,008
Just saw this posted on Craigslist in the Twin Cities. $500 b/o seems like a fair deal for a XL. Don't know the seller or anything else about the egg but a nice price for a used XL egg.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/for/5656686626.html
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I would be all over that. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    It looks so sad.
    You gotta save it V, give her a good home.
    You've got others for it to play with.
    Come on bud.  Bring her home.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Great price if nothing wrong. Have seen only 1 other Xl sell for $500.
    Austin, Tx
  • WeberWho
    Focker said:
    It looks so sad.
    You gotta save it V, give her a good home.
    You've got others for it to play with.
    Come on bud.  Bring her home.
    @focker Haha. The egg is looking a little lonely but I'm tapped out for eggs. Hit my limit. Actually looking to reduce. With buying that new/used mini I need to sell my older used mini. The XL I have now hardly sees they day of light. It's a little overkill for the two of us for most meals. I'm one of the weird ones that would probably keep the large over the XL if I had to choose between the two eggs.

For $500 that's a nice price for someone.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,310
    I would almost drive the 8-9 hours and go get it
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Buy it...clean it up a little, take better photos and re list it for $750
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • WeberWho
    Photo Egg said:
    @Photo Egg That's a great point. If it sits a few more days with no offers I'll probably throw an offer their way. Been tied up with house work and prepping the house to be painted. If I had a little more time I'd jump on it. I did email on a $20 large dome on Craigslist someone is selling. (He wanted a $100 ten days ago for it) With that dome the only thing I'd be missing to make an egg is the base and fire ring. I have everything else. I have an old base that has the crack near the lower vent and bottom. Trying to see if I could possibly fix the hairline crack or pony up for a new base. Except I don't really need another egg at this point. I figure if I ever find a good base for cheap than I'm good to go. Just don't think I'll have much luck finding a used dome again. Going to jump on it while I can and store 

Minnesota
  • Photo Egg
    WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:
    @Photo Egg That's a great point. If it sits a few more days with no offers I'll probably throw an offer their way. Been tied up with house work and prepping the house to be painted. If I had a little more time I'd jump on it. I did email on a $20 large dome on Craigslist someone is selling. (He wanted a $100 ten days ago for it) With that dome the only thing I'd be missing to make an egg is the base and fire ring. I have everything else. I have an old base that has the crack near the lower vent and bottom. Trying to see if I could possibly fix the hairline crack or pony up for a new base. Except I don't really need another egg at this point. I figure if I ever find a good base for cheap than I'm good to go. Just don't think I'll have much luck finding a used dome again. Going to jump on it while I can and store 
    Great plan on the dome, good luck.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Thanks a lot.  Now you have me thinking about an XL that I really don't need. :)
    Glencoe, Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Thanks a lot.  Now you have me thinking about an XL that I really don't need. :)
    If you buy it than you don't need to think about it anymore! =)

Minnesota
  • n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    I'm going to be in the MPLS area this weekend for a Twins game. That's a very tempting deal!
    Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • WeberWho
    SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! 

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Hail yeah!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Photo Egg
    WeberWho said:
    SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! 
    Did you buy it.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:
    @WeberWho I have a large base with a crack that I still use for Lower temp cooks and no issues at all. I have an extra fire ring if you want

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho
    Photo Egg said:
    WeberWho said:
    SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! 
    Did you buy it.lol
    @Photo Egg I passed unfortunately. My wife has family coming into town next weekend from Texas. They're staying with us one night before we head up to some other relatives cabin in Detroit Lakes. I just told her it's not possible to make that breakfast without a Blackstone griddle. She wasn't so convinced. :o

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho said:
    Photo Egg said:
    @WeberWho I have a large base with a crack that I still use for Lower temp cooks and no issues at all. I have an extra fire ring if you want
    @Brisket_Fanatic Hey much appreciated! Are you sure you wouldn’t find yourself needing it down the road for something? I'd gladly pay you something for it

Minnesota
  • Focker
    Man V, can't believe you let that walk? Lol

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    I'll bring it with me next time I head to the cities

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• WeberWho
    edited June 2016
    Focker said:
    Man V, can't believe you let that walk? Lol

@Focker I'm already shaking my head at myself trying to put together a Frankenstein egg. I seriously don't have any more room in the garage for more eggs. I don't grill on the deck and I have a jogging path that runs through my backyard. I'd love to do something like you're doing with pavers in the backyard but a little uneasy with pedestrians and roadside view of the backyard. So the eggs get rolled out to the driveway from the garage. Only if I had a third stall garage....

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    I'll bring it with me next time I head to the cities
    Much appreciated @Brisket_Fanatic

Minnesota