Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

why was my post tonight deleted?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
I thought the link was humours or at least a bit thought provoking, but when I woke to answer natures calling I see the whole thread got buffalloed! What did I miss, provoke, or otherwise do to get my innocent thread deleted? If you know please email me as a reply to this post may very well get hammered as well! TIA
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Interesting. My post and all comments on the Apple rebate went the way of the Buffalo as well. 
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    As did my recent post about tv's. 
  • CoMoBGE
    CoMoBGE Posts: 374
    Options
    I don't get why the post about identity theft got sunk either! 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    Well...none of those topics had anything to do with cooking on a BGE. :)

I see this thread was not started in the "Off Topic" section. Were those other threads started in the proper "Off Topic" section or were they just started in the main "Egghead Forum" section like this thread?

Maybe the mods/buffalo are cracking down on off topic threads not in the proper section. Maybe? Beats me.

The Buffalo works in mysterious ways.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CoMoBGE
    Options
    This was labeled OT to begin with and also warned in the title yet it was sunk. Don't understand what is ok and what isn't. 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Just placing an "OT" in the thread title is not the same thing as selecting the "Off Topic" section when starting a thread.

Most folks routinely ignore selecting an appropriate thread section and just dump everything into the main "Egghead Forum".

Whether that has anything to do with some seemingly innocuous threads being deleted is beyond me.

The Buffalo works in mysterious ways.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• CoMoBGE
    Options
    I posted the picture again for a reason. It shows that the conversation was OT to begin with. He even goes that thread. There was zero reason to sink the thread. Not trying to start anything but this buffalo seemed really random. 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    Ah...you're right. I didn't notice the thread actually being in Off Topic.

Weird.

Beats me what's is happening.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Just must have been time for the buffalo's revenge.  He has been keeping quite a low profile of late so, lest we forget who's on first...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    My wife dinner post didn't get buffaloed, he must have a sense of humor
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    My thread about cellphones was also buffalo'd, and I had put it into the "OT" section.  
    BGE provides this forum to us free, and they have the right to do as they wish. However, the fact that they provided an "OT" section tells me that that's okay, yet we've never been given guidelines/rules as to what's acceptable and what is not.
    Heh, that's what I'm going to ask in my "60 seconds"!   =)

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• gmbbs
    gmbbs Posts: 110
    Options
    Drunk Buffalo? Maybe the thread got Drunkalo'd?
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    moderation here is a joke
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    The buffalo seems to range far and wide.  Sightings of the buffalo here are only an occasional event.  

I think that moderation duties are the responsibility of an employee listed in the "other duties" section of their job description. When they are busy with their primary responsibilities, we don't see much of them.  When things get slow, they spend more time in this pasture.  

As to why these discussions got removed, the buffalo doesn't provide details.  It may be a vigorous enforcement of the forum rule:
    • This forum is about food, cooking, having fun with your EGG and similar topics ... please don’t post links or images or create posts that are irrelevant for the purpose of this forum, which includes insulting, offensive, racist, sexist, political, discriminatory, obscene or vulgar remarks or any post which may be found to be in violation of any law or ordinance. This includes posts on topics which have nothing to do with enjoying a Big Green Egg, or which are polarizing or inflammatory in nature. If you do any of this, we will of course delete the post and call upon the Buffalo to determine the extent of your suspension or permanent ban.

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Trying to explain the unexplainable in a thread that is even further off topic.  You may want to go ahead and queue up another thread on why the thread asking why your original thread got buffaloed, got buffaloed too.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Ron I showed the video to my brother and brother in law last night. I thought it was pretty funny. I'd probably check the forum less if there wasn't any for fun off topic threads 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf