Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Preliminary plan for my dream kitchen

Options

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    you are going to A/C and heat this ....right....really nice....years ago when I was a pup one of my uncles gave up his carport and built a 4'x8' brick grill in the middle of the space...we've come a long ways.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    That's coming along great! Can't wait to see the finished product. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Looks great, enjoying following along
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice! Good times straight ahead!
  • KKorkmaz
    KKorkmaz Posts: 150
    Options
    Well deserved, congrats!
    Chicago, Illinois
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Damn.  More than a little jealous.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

@SciAggie   Looking great.  I can imagine how excited you must be.  Enjoy

Phoenix 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    blasting said:

@SciAggie   Looking great.  I can imagine how excited you must be.  Enjoy

I'm beyond pumped. I'll share pics as it comes together. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    How bout an invite???
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @bgebrent My friend you are welcome at my table any time. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    When your good and ready, I'd be privileged to dine at your table.  Your set up is fantastic.  I know you're enjoying it to it's fullest.  Kudos brother.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • _Moose_
    Options
    This is absolutely awesome; pretty close to my dream vision. I'll continue following the progress

MBGE, Blackstone Tailgater Grill/Griddle Combo

Outside Birmingham, AL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    That will be fun to watch this come together. Looking forward to the big erection party.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    That looks really nice!!!!   Making my meager plans for a grilling shed look rather pitiful.  Enjoy seeing the ideas and finished cooking areas you folks design and build.  Keep the pics coming please.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• SciAggie
    Options
    Thanks y'all. I'm making the frame for the base out of square tubing. It's coming along. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    That will be fun to watch this come together. Looking forward to the big erection party.
    Sounds like a party I'd have to sit out  :o
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    I wuz jest bein' real quiet
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Chubbs
    Options
    Super jealous. I have been wanting to do an outdoor area but I am rarely in town anymore it seems. 9 months in new job and my egging has taken a big hit. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    This is going to be great!!  Thanks for posting, it'll be cool to see it come together. 

Geez. Even a Sausage Fest would be more discreet!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    You guys need to get your heads out of the gutter.....which is where I am.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Chubbs said:
    Super jealous. I have been wanting to do an outdoor area but I am rarely in town anymore it seems. 9 months in new job and my egging has taken a big hit. 
    I was wondering where you've been. Haven't seen or heard much from you on here in a while. Hope the new gig is going well.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

My reply is hilarious, but you'll have to take my word for it...

Phoenix 
  • Chubbs
    Options
    minniemoh said:
    Chubbs said:
    I was wondering where you've been. Haven't seen or heard much from you on here in a while. Hope the new gig is going well.
    Yeah I have been popping in and cooking every chance I get but haven't done anything worthy of posting lately. Thanks for checking
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bump. lol
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker Since you bumped this I'll update with a couple of (relatively) current pics.

We're working on the grass. We've updated and replaced the outside chain link fence since these were taken.
    Just WoW
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Someday when the big dog is gone we plan to replace the kennel with a greenhouse. We'll build it on the same slab.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    @SciAggie - Impressive in the single shots that come along with your gourmet banquets-but seeing the whole deal is off the charts.  The fruits of your vision, planning and execution are on full display-incredible.  Congrats.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SciAggie
    Options
    @lousubcap Thanks. My wife and I have certainly put in a lot of work. We're really happy with how it turned out. Our weather lets us enjoy using this space almost year round.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon