Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Options

Comments

• beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    I scored big time!!!  I didnt find a note unless I overlooked it while ransacking through my package like a little kid on Christmas morning. Thanks so much!!!

Sorry was in a hurry & forgot the note, most from Ga some SC & Fl included
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    I mailed mine today. Should be delivered Saturday.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    beteez said:
    I scored big time!!!  I didnt find a note unless I overlooked it while ransacking through my package like a little kid on Christmas morning. Thanks so much!!!

Sorry was in a hurry & forgot the note, most from Ga some SC & Fl included
    Well thank you SoOOO much. Im very excited and appreciative!

Little Rock, AR

• Eggingaround
    Eggingaround Posts: 357
    Options
    Glad everything arrived in great condition. Enjoy @beteez, let me know how that TX bourbon is.
    Mckinney, TX
    LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
    Mini Max
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    A huge thank you to Lee @Lmidkiff for all the Texas goodies. I absolutely will put to good use these rubs and sauces that you sent me. Got to tell ya something Lee, I am soo happy to receive the Franklin sauces, I actually went online this morning to the HEB website and was gonna order some. Glad I didn't ... gonna use them tonight. I also loved hearing all about your home town, I actually have a couple friends who worked for Toyota and have moved with the company and are now living in and around your home town. Thanks again Lee - You Rock! Tim 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    I received my package today too. I was late opening up. It was very well packed and a lot like opening Christmas presents. Everything arrived in good condition with no breakage. I really enjoyed opening all the rubs and sauces and very much look forward to trying all of them out. There was only one rub (Oakridge) and one sauce (Blues Hog) that I've had before. Thank you very much Randy (not sure of forum name) I greatly appreciate it. 
    Now I just have to decide what to use it on this weekend.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Lmidkiff
    Lmidkiff Posts: 442
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    A huge thank you to Lee @Lmidkiff for all the Texas goodies. I absolutely will put to good use these rubs and sauces that you sent me. Got to tell ya something Lee, I am soo happy to receive the Franklin sauces, I actually went online this morning to the HEB website and was gonna order some. Glad I didn't ... gonna use them tonight. I also loved hearing all about your home town, I actually have a couple friends who worked for Toyota and have moved with the company and are now living in and around your home town. Thanks again Lee - You Rock! Tim 
    You are very welcome Tim. @SoCalTim Enjoy!!
    McKinney, TX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    I received my package today too. I was late opening up. It was very well packed and a lot like opening Christmas presents. Everything arrived in good condition with no breakage. I really enjoyed opening all the rubs and sauces and very much look forward to trying all of them out. There was only one rub (Oakridge) and one sauce (Blues Hog) that I've had before. Thank you very much Randy (not sure of forum name) I greatly appreciate it. 
    Your was @Tspud1 and he did a great job!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    Thanks again @Tspud1

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

I received my package yesterday from @northGAcock- who is really from South Carolina, as were all the sauces and rubs I received.  As a native Floridian, I was extremely happy to have a native South Carolinian as my elf. 

In addition to the goodies, he included a 2-page letter that described each item in detail with a little history as well.  My 11-year old daughter got a kick out of reading the letter aloud and I got a kick out of explaining to her the basic differences in SC vs. NC BBQ.  The personalized letter really made this package extra special and it has made me determined to do a better job with my note next year when sending my goodies.

I'm looking forward to using some Buzz's Butt Dust and Maurice's Southern Gold BBQ Sauce this weekend.  I'll take your advice and "throw on some Marshall Tucker Band, sit back and enjoy the cook as much as the meal". Thanks a million!

Enjoy the loot. Please pass along to your daughter, I love her Tie Dye.....as they are a large part of my own stylish (or not) apparel. @Greedygoat

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    Options

I received my package yesterday from @northGAcock- who is really from South Carolina, as were all the sauces and rubs I received.  As a native Floridian, I was extremely happy to have a native South Carolinian as my elf. 

In addition to the goodies, he included a 2-page letter that described each item in detail with a little history as well.  My 11-year old daughter got a kick out of reading the letter aloud and I got a kick out of explaining to her the basic differences in SC vs. NC BBQ.  The personalized letter really made this package extra special and it has made me determined to do a better job with my note next year when sending my goodies.

I'm looking forward to using some Buzz's Butt Dust and Maurice's Southern Gold BBQ Sauce this weekend.  I'll take your advice and "throw on some Marshall Tucker Band, sit back and enjoy the cook as much as the meal". Thanks a million!

Enjoy the loot. Please pass along to your daughter, I love her Tie Dye.....as they are a large part of my own stylish (or not) apparel. @Greedygoat

I will let her know @northGAcock figured you would like that when you mentioned that you're an Egghead and a Deadhead.  It was pure coincidence she was wearing that.  I think we'll be playing some GD this weekend as well as the aforementioned Marshall Tucker Band in your honor.  Thanks again!!
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options

I will let her know @northGAcock figured you would like that when you mentioned that you're an Egghead and a Deadhead.  It was pure coincidence she was wearing that.  I think we'll be playing some GD this weekend as well as the aforementioned Marshall Tucker Band in your honor.  Thanks again!!

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Wow!  I can not express how blown away I am at the package the I just received from @SoCalTim. This was my first time participating and didn't know what to expect, but Tim set the record straight. I have never tried or heard of any of these rubs. I can not wait to try all of them. Thank you again Tim. If you ever make it to the central IL area I owe several beers. 

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    I sent that package to you but forgot to put a note inside. Curious who Randy is? The Blues Hog started just a few miles across the river from me in Perry, MO. He moved on after success.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I received my package yesterday and it's like Xmas in June. Wardster hooked me up good from FL. Looking forward to all the new flavors he sent. He tried to tell me that wasn't him in the picture on postcard surrounded by all his daughters(wink,wink) Thanks so much I can even say I've "Got wood"
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    That Rufus Teague is good stuff.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • charliebatutis
    Options
    shtgunal3 where are you from? seriously never had country bobs? I always assumed that was like heinz ketchup
  • steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    My package showed up this afternoon and I raced home to find an awesome box of stuff from Iowa. It's great to try all these new flavors. I huge thank you to briskest fanatic!!!!

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @Acn said:
    When you get hooked on the Franklin sauce, you can order from HEB to be shipped to you.  I've done that before, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
    Read that and just on-line purchased a couple of bottles of Franklin's sauce.  A not so subtle reminder of the reach of this forum deep into your wallet.  
    And it's Friday!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Acn said:
    When you get hooked on the Franklin sauce, you can order from HEB to be shipped to you.  I've done that before, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!
    Read that and just on-line purchased a couple of bottles of Franklin's sauce.  A not so subtle reminder of the reach of this forum deep into your wallet.  
    And it's Friday!

Glad to be of service!

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    steel_egg said:
    My package showed up this afternoon and I raced home to find an awesome box of stuff from Iowa. It's great to try all these new flavors. I huge thank you to briskest fanatic!!!!

That Fat Boys Rub is my go to for pork butts and ribs!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Options
    @steel_egg - Glad it all made it safe and sound. The cookies flavor enhancer is amazing on pork chops and chicken. The honey, salsa and jam are made by a local place that has strawberry and raspberry picking fields for the public. It is a really neat family farm and our little ones love going to pick strawberries. However the newest thing I recently found was the bacon salt. The bacon salt was found at Target when I was in North Carolina a couple weeks ago. This stuff is amazing mixed in to mashed potatoes or sprinkled on just about anything. The Fat Boys is a competitive BBQ Team out of Lincoln NE which isn't fair from me and a good all purpose rub and sauce. Ken Davis is an old jazz player and has a very interesting story if you look up his web site, he came up with the original by adding a little this and that before getting professional help to help replicate Grandmas recipe. Last thing is the Aronia BBQ Sauce which I just thought looked and sounded really good so I just threw it in. Hope you enjoy and have a great Fourth coming up!

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• steel_egg
    steel_egg Posts: 295
    Options
    @steel_egg - Glad it all made it safe and sound. The cookies flavor enhancer is amazing on pork chops and chicken. The honey, salsa and jam are made by a local place that has strawberry and raspberry picking fields for the public. It is a really neat family farm and our little ones love going to pick strawberries. However the newest thing I recently found was the bacon salt. The bacon salt was found at Target when I was in North Carolina a couple weeks ago. This stuff is amazing mixed in to mashed potatoes or sprinkled on just about anything. The Fat Boys is a competitive BBQ Team out of Lincoln NE which isn't fair from me and a good all purpose rub and sauce. Ken Davis is an old jazz player and has a very interesting story if you look up his web site, he came up with the original by adding a little this and that before getting professional help to help replicate Grandmas recipe. Last thing is the Aronia BBQ Sauce which I just thought looked and sounded really good so I just threw it in. Hope you enjoy and have a great Fourth coming up!
    Everything looks great. The bacon salt jumped out at me. Can't wait to try everything out. thanks again!
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Wow!  I can not express how blown away I am at the package the I just received from @SoCalTim. This was my first time participating and didn't know what to expect, but Tim set the record straight. I have never tried or heard of any of these rubs. I can not wait to try all of them. Thank you again Tim. If you ever make it to the central IL area I owe several beers. 

Your very welcome Bryan, glad everything made it to you intact. Enjoy my friend. Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • shtgunal3
    Options
    @charliebatutis nope never had it. I'm from north/central Alabama

• cazzy
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I received my package yesterday and it's like Xmas in June. Wardster hooked me up good from FL. Looking forward to all the new flavors he sent. He tried to tell me that wasn't him in the picture on postcard surrounded by all his daughters(wink,wink) Thanks so much I can even say I've "Got wood"
    Great job @Wardster
  • cazzy
    Options

Score! Above and beyond right there!
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

I do hope  you enjoy.  I'm worried some of the stuff is readily available, but did not know where these were going.  This was my first go around. 

Not sure why, but that pecan wood is leaps and bounds above any store bought I have had.  I also owe you a jar of local honey, but I can't control when that hits the market!!!

Apollo Beach, FL