Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

chicken breast

edited 6:54AM in EggHead Forum
im having company tonight and was thinking about cooking some skinlesss chicken breast but company dont like anything smoked i was thinking cooking breast indirect. could anyone tell me at what temp. and for how long.
·

Comments

• CT GrillguyCT Grillguy Posts: 149
    wentz,[p]I cook them direct at about 400. Only takes like 5-7 mins a side. If you like spicy, rub them with some Walkerswood Jerk seasoning, but any seasoning is great on these.[p]Direct or indirect won't affect smokiness. Just let the lump burn for a good 20-30 mins before cooking to reduce smokiness. Also, make sure there are no left over wood chips in your lump.
    ·
  • GretlGretl Posts: 670
    CT Grillguy,
    First, pound the breasts to an equal thickness of about 1/3 inch between pieces of plastic. Cut them into portion sizes, season with rub, add a little olive oil and either lemon or lime, and get the grill about 400 or a little higher. I cook mine direct for just about a minute or 90 seconds on each side, (you can see if they're done) and wrap them in a foil package and let them rest for 10 minutes. You can sauce them after the flip, and flip them again if you use a sauce. The meat should cook quickly, and by pounding them, you won't have any nasty undercooked thick areas and burnt overcooked thinner tips.
    HTH,
    Gretl

·