Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FRUITAWOOD and bbq supply review

U_tarded
U_tarded Posts: 2,042
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
i was traveling home today from 7 days of work in Grand Junction CO when I saw a sign for fruitawood.  I had seen it on here before and checked out their site.  Never ordered anything because I didn't want to pay to ship wood chunks.  I walked in and boy was I glad I did.  I was greeted and my order was taken like at a restaurant.  They sell buy the pound, once I filled up his order ticket he said give me a few minutes and went to the back.  I heard a saw fire up and he went about cutting my chunks. I browsed the rubs and smokers and luckily only added on a few bottles of rub I probably didn't need.  He boxed and labeled my order and it looks great.  I would highly reccomend this place for exotic woods.  They had grape, nectarine, varieties of cherry, oak etc over 20 plus wine barrel staves.  Here are a few pics.  

http://www.fruitawoodchunks.com

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited June 2016
    i buy from them all the time, great customer service!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Looks like an interesting place - what kinda exotic smoke wood did you get?
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited June 2016
    Looks like an interesting place - what kinda exotic smoke wood did you get?
    I got ten pounds of post oak and sugar maple.  5 pounds of wild cherry, grape, plum, nectarine, and 2 pounds of sour cherry wine barrel, Chardonnay, and Cabernet.  Plus a bag of their house rub and some dizzy pig I was out of.   
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    I ordered 50# of peach from them. Worth every penny.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    That's where we get all of our wood chunks from. Great customer service and great products. You can specify "no bark" if you want and they will also send you a storage bag for each variety that you get if you ask.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    I have visited there several times and call them a day before I arrive and order my wood.  They package it up very well and it fits in my car very well.  The owner does a lot for the local charitable organizations and is a really nice guy.  He showed us his back room and it is enormous with a huge supply of wood.

Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • busmania
    busmania Posts: 414

Nice, where are they located?  I see their ads on craigslist all the time and have wanted to make a stop.  Are they in western CO?  I cant seem to find the info on their website (lots of words on that site...)

• busmania
    busmania Posts: 414
    edited June 2016

Something tells me they are in Fruita CO?

EDIT; found it, looks like grand junction.  Ill have to stop by next time I am in the area.