Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings

Options
KKorkmaz
KKorkmaz Posts: 150
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
Recently I cooked chicken wings elevated on bricks placed on the grate level so they were quite high and close to the dome. While I loved the final product I wasn't happy with the amount I was able to cook elevated on a small grill. The large BGE elevating the grill to such an extent limited the space available.

Tonight I cooked wings elevated to grate level. I wanted to identify how many wings I could cook at this level at a single time. I was able to fit 18 wings on the grill at the level of the grate. At times I had to rotate and flip frequently as I experienced multiple flare ups at 350 degrees. Overall I was happy with the end product, although some of the rub burned. I believe I can do better!  I rubbed one third of the wings with dizzy dust, another third with cosmic cow, and the final third with a Piri-Piri rub I picked up at the farmers market. My next experiment will likely be a wet rub of olive oil, lemon,  fresh garlic, and various herbs and spices. 

Chicago, Illinois

Comments