Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I sell raffle tickets?

dougcrann
dougcrann Posts: 1,129
My loving wife belongs to a quilting group. They have an annual quilt show. Every year the group collectively makes a quilt and sells raffle tickets. Some of the proceeds from this raffle goes towards a local youth group, the balance goes towards buying materials to make quilts for the local VA hospital. They make quilts for Vets that are wheel chair bound. 
If this is in violation of forum policies I understand...

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    dougcrann said:
    My loving wife belongs to a quilting group. They have an annual quilt show. Every year the group collectively makes a quilt and sells raffle tickets. Some of the proceeds from this raffle goes towards a local youth group, the balance goes towards buying materials to make quilts for the local VA hospital. They make quilts for Vets that are wheel chair bound. 
    Doug,
    I've been up since 4:20AM and I need to hit the rack - so I have not read the rules, but I will post the link.

Even if it is prohibited please email me the info as I'm IN as I will contribute to the cause! OK?

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1134015/rules-disclaimer#latest
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dougcrann
    RRP said:
    dougcrann said:
    Doug,
    I've been up since 4:20AM and I need to hit the rack - so I have not read the rules, but I will post the link.

Even if it is prohibited please email me the info as I'm IN as I will contribute to the cause! OK?

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1134015/rules-disclaimer#latest
    Looks like probably not....but I will email you...
  • RRP
    I'm in for this grass roots cause for deserving Vets!
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    maybe you could post a link that redirects folks?
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Me too PM me details! I would
    like to help
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    i would just post it, if it gets buffaloed so what...
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    These types of posts usually work best on Friday afternoon.
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    i would like the link as well
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    What a wonderful thing for them to do.  I'm in.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• dougcrann
    Site that allowed me to post the details wouldn't allow me to post my PayPal info...which is how I am collecting the funds...I will put a post up here shortly and see what happens...really appreciate you folks willing to help Ernestinas quilting group...
  • dougcrann
    This year's raffle quilt. Was a collective creation. It is slightly larger than a standard Queen size...
  • RRP
    dougcrann said:
    Site that allowed me to post the details wouldn't allow me to post my PayPal info...which is how I am collecting the funds...I will put a post up here shortly and see what happens...really appreciate you folks willing to help Ernestinas quilting group...
    trick is post it with a s p a c e between each letter. Folks have been using that method for years and also if a "bot" comes skimming posts for such info they don't pick up on it. HTH and you get a bunch of $$$ for the group!