Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What are you doing right now?

Options

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Moved on to the rain forest/volcano at Arenal

@theyolksonyou
    They have peacock bass in the lake there at the base.  Are you going to wet a line for one?

And how cool is that windy road going to the base of the volcano?  I so wanted to drive it with MY car. The rental was about 85 hp and the loosest steering I have ever felt. It was hairy in that thing.

Tabacon hot springs was a cool place.  Loved the different temperatures as you went down to the main pool. I remember drinking some tropical coconut drink watching the monkeys swing in a few nearby trees. I also remember telling my wife I was going to go join them after the 4th or 5th drink.  She did not let me. Hot water and drinks apparently make you devolve and want to swing in the trees with monkeys. Beware.....

Have a a great time!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Just finished my Father's Day dinner. 8oz SRF fillet with Mac and cheese and garlic jalapeño mashed sweet potatoes. A tropicalia to was hit down.
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    @Sea2Ski we're staying at Arenal springs. They have a similar set up of pools. Headed to rappel and white water raft tomorrow. 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Focker -  congrats to your dad, especially on Father's Day.  And Honor Flight is a tremendous program.  I serve on the board of the Honor Flight Bluegrass chapter (Louisville. KY) and have made several flights to DC.  Every trip is more powerful than the last.  
    @lousubcap,
    Thanks my friend.
    Really cool you're on the board, and have done flights.
    I agree 100%, a tremendous program.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Focker
    Options
    Focker said:
    Focker said:
    Son got some early 9th B-Day stuff, hat and guitar.

Dad pulled in some serious hardware yesterday at a mustache and beard comp in Galesburg's Orpheum Theater, called Shave For The Brave.  Proceeds go to Honor Flight QC.  He won best mustache.  He has had it since Nam, never shaved it off.  So happy for him.  He just asked me to accompany him, and my uncle Ray, on their Honor Flight as their guardian with my aunt Arlene .  Both have cancer.  Truly honored.  A great Father's Day.

Really cool. Enjoy your time together. 
    Thanks Pete.  Our oncologists thought it was funny he scheduled his chemo around this comp.  They'll get a kick out of this Tuesday when we're there, and he shows them pics. 
    Hell, I'd bring the trophy too. Way cool!
    Me too! Lol
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    edited June 2016
    Options

Ribeyes on the $20 Jumbo Joe with K

Med rare, some good cow.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Focker - nice meal there, and $20 for JJ, that was a steal, hope they do an end of season closeout around here this year, if so I'll add one.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Focker
    Options
    DMW said:
    @Focker - nice meal there, and $20 for JJ, that was a steal, hope they do an end of season closeout around here this year, if so I'll add one.
    Thanks bud.  Check your Targets.  It cannot be beat for a grab and go.  I did burgers, dogs, and corn earlier for lunch at a friend's house. 
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    wbradking said:
    YukonRon said:
    Just got back from Centre College, which is hosting the Governor's Scholar Program. Only 36 were chosen from over 4000 applicants. Our son recieved offers for both architectural design and visual arts. Only the second student in the program's 40 years to receive multiple offers. We are very proud parents, his gift has got to be from his mother.
    Congrats @YukonRon you must be proud.  However I'm sorry you had to lower yourself to go to Centre.  Transylvania grad here. ;)
    Transy girls were easy. UK grad here. Just kidding, or am I? B)
    Say no more. ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    johnnyp said:
    Had my dad and grandpa over for Father's Day.  Trying to find more time to appreciate these moments because I know they won't last forever.

Awesome all day long!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Just watched Coastal beat #1 Florida to start the college World Series!!! Woohoo!
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Just watched Coastal beat #1 Florida to start the college World Series!!! Woohoo!
    I am pulling for them my self. I watched a few innings....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    @northGAcock It was a good game till the end. I believe we play TCU tonight.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Working and listening !!

http://www.osmrmusic.com/home

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Time goes by fast!

Congrats. Do you get an extra week of vacation at 15yrs? 
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Time goes by fast!

Congrats. Do you get an extra week of vacation at 15yrs? 
    Yes!  I did.  Picked up that and some extra sick and personal time too.  Have 5 weeks vacation time.  Cannot remember how much sick and personal time total now.  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Congrats Matt!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Congrats Matt!
    Thanks buddy.  I sent Mr. Immelt a tweet thanking him.  Going to see if any acknowledgement is sent in return.  Lol..
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    8 hrs of rappelling and rafting in the books. Wish you were here. 

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Turns out, it rains a lot in the rainforest in the wet season. Whoda think it?
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @theyolksonyou. I wish I was there too.  Glad it was a safe trip!!  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,085
    Options
    Probably making you miss the land of carpet!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • bgebrent
    Options
    8 hrs of rappelling and rafting in the books. Wish you were here. 

Sounds/looks like y'all are having a great time!  Better than drowning carpet I think ;)
  • nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Just chillin sitting on the deck watching the sunset....and my wife vacuuming the pool.  Lol!
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Probably making you miss the land of carpet!
    Uh, no 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    meant to post this 2 days ago - best sushi I've ever had :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options

Good friends are those that will help you move a piano.   I asked them if they would help move stuff out of the house being remodeled. I failed to inform them a piano was in the deal.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    kl8ton said:

Good friends are those that will help you move a piano.   I asked them if they would help move stuff out of the house being remodeled. I failed to inform them a piano was in the deal.
    Will they be there to help bring it back? =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota