Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hurry! Brisket help!!

Options
what is a good temp to take brisket flat off for slicing?!

Comments

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    I say around 200 but needs to be toothpick soft I think everyone says
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    what is a good temp to take brisket flat off for slicing?!
    Feel is a better indicator then temp. The temp can vary widely between select, choice, prime, Waygu and Waygu Gold. However if I just had to snatch a number out of the air, it would be right around 197, give or take a little either way. The exception to this being Waygu Gold. Again, I never go by temp. Never. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When it is probe tender, I stop watching the temp once it hits 190*
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    All of these ^^^
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,381
    Options
    Okay - I'm all in with a buck $2.80 or a nickel 95.  Seriously as above, and enjoy the results.  Only slice when ready to consume as it will dry-out before your eyes.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dayzed&confused
    Options
    Rest it! If you slice it at 200 it will curl up and dry out before your eyes! Wrap it in foil or butcher paper or whatever but you have  to let the internal temp drop! I use 140 degrees internal temp for serving but some folks use different temps. The important thing to remember here is "let it rest" !
    San Angelo, texas
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Yeah I would not go by temp, I start probing when its tender to the touch. I cooked two yesterday and they were done at 185*F 
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ