Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggcellent Ribs on July 4

Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Using the 3-1-1 method, I cooked 7 racks of ribs, six sideways on a rib rack and one draped over the top horizontally. I slathered them with mustard and Dr BBQ's rub recipe. I realized I didn't have any cider to add to the foil, so I rooted through the pantry and came up with three small cans of pineapple juice, to which I added a very healthy slug of bourbon and an equal amount of triple sec.[p]Those were the BEST ribs we ever had! I couldn't believe the flavor. Our guests absolutely could not stop eating them. [p][p][p][p][p][p][p]This is definitely going to be my one-hour dwell concoction from now on. [p]Cheers,
Gretl

Comments

• gretl ,
    boy, that dwell sauce sounds great!! .. .never thought to raid the liquour cabinet to add stuff to the foiling dwell.. .great idea!! . ..wonder how tequila would be??

• mad max beyond eggdome,
    You know, I looked all over the place for tequila and couldn't come up with any, I guess I need to replenish our supply. Then I thought of using rum, but somehow the sweetness of the bourbon appealed to me. Of course I had to sample some first, to make sure it wasn't going to ruin all those ribs! I'm such a thoughtful hostess.
    Cheers,
    G.

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,168
    gretl ,
    That's a great idea. I've been following Drbbq's method with great results, but I'm going to try this next time. Did you use any wood?