Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Grilling veggies

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that summertime vegetables are coming from my garden and also abundantly at the farmer's markets, I have been trying to perfect a grilling recipe for assorted fresh veggies. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been presoaking in either ice water or marinades, grilling in a basket, ladling sauce/stirring....It's reaaaal close, but....still seems to be missing something ....I seem to recall Mollyshark posting something awhile back about ideas such as this.....

Comments

• GrillManGrillMan Posts: 50
    Martini Mark in MSP,
    My very first cook, a little over a year ago, was grilled vegetables and shrimp. I get the grill temp to about 450 while I wash and cut the veggies. A light coating of olive oil(too much and you can generate a nasty flashback) and a good sprinkle of dizzy pig(Tsunami spin or Swamp veniom depending on my mood) I use a veggie wok pan(kind of square with a bunch of holes in it)and give them a turn every five minutes or so. Depending on what you are grilling and how you like them, they take about 15 to 20 minutes. Hope this helps. Happy 4th

• Martini Mark in MSP,
    I don't have a veggie wok, so I take another grate and position it in the opposite direction from the first grate, to form a grid. I baste eggplant, squash and zucchini with Italian salad dressing, and grill about 7-8 minutes per side. Comes out great!

• YBYB Posts: 3,861
    Martini Mark in MSP,
    Nature Boy's recipe is great.I have used green beans,squash,pineapple,onion,asparagus, mushrooms,red and green bell peppers and anything else that looks good in the store.
    Larry

[ul][li]NB'S Veggies[/ul]