Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling veggies

Options
Martini Mark in PTC
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Now that summertime vegetables are coming from my garden and also abundantly at the farmer's markets, I have been trying to perfect a grilling recipe for assorted fresh veggies. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been presoaking in either ice water or marinades, grilling in a basket, ladling sauce/stirring....It's reaaaal close, but....still seems to be missing something ....I seem to recall Mollyshark posting something awhile back about ideas such as this.....

Comments

• GrillMan
    GrillMan Posts: 50
    Options
    Martini Mark in MSP,
    My very first cook, a little over a year ago, was grilled vegetables and shrimp. I get the grill temp to about 450 while I wash and cut the veggies. A light coating of olive oil(too much and you can generate a nasty flashback) and a good sprinkle of dizzy pig(Tsunami spin or Swamp veniom depending on my mood) I use a veggie wok pan(kind of square with a bunch of holes in it)and give them a turn every five minutes or so. Depending on what you are grilling and how you like them, they take about 15 to 20 minutes. Hope this helps. Happy 4th

• Dublin Dawg
    Options
    Martini Mark in MSP,
    I don't have a veggie wok, so I take another grate and position it in the opposite direction from the first grate, to form a grid. I baste eggplant, squash and zucchini with Italian salad dressing, and grill about 7-8 minutes per side. Comes out great!

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Martini Mark in MSP,
    Nature Boy's recipe is great.I have used green beans,squash,pineapple,onion,asparagus, mushrooms,red and green bell peppers and anything else that looks good in the store.
    Larry

[ul][li]NB'S Veggies[/ul]