Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boston Butts at Kroger

Options
On sale for .99 today thru next Tuesday.  Good time to stock up if you've got a Kroger.

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

Comments

• FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    I believe Kroger stores belong to different distribution areas and each sets it's own pricing/sales.  At least that is what I was told here in Ky when trying to learn why our local store didn't have the same sale on butts as Versailles, Ky.  
       But hey $.99/ lb.  Thats hard to beat.  Load up!!!!  The meat gods have smiled on you.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• jstewart12a
    jstewart12a Posts: 144
    Options
    Good to know. I picked up a couple Memorial Day weekend when they did the sale. Might need to get a few for the 4th. Hard to pass up. 
    1 LBGE. Winder, GA
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How do the Kroger Butts compare to Costco or other suppliers? Or is a butt a butt? 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • gamason
    gamason Posts: 406
    Options
    The last one I got there was not up to par. Just a bad one, they are usually ok.

Snellville,Ga.

LBGE

Minimax

• chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    @Webass did you find that in your local ad or in store?  Not seeing it in my ad down here in Augusta, GA.

Food lion down here does have st. louis ribs for $2 a lb this weekend though...
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I thought they only were in Boston's Krogers.
    Options
    They aren't in my local sale ad for Indiana either. Good price, I usually hit up my local Sam's club for 1.98lb all day. They sell in packs of two
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Options
    Not at Krogers in Louisville :(
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    the kroger butts are excellent.  in fact, one of the top BBQ teams in the nation has been known to use kroger butts on a regular basis while winning on a regular basis on the circuit.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!