Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cost of the XXL!

Options
I stopped by Offenbachers in Fairfax Va last night to pick up some charcoal and noticed that they had an XXL BGE. Rolled over to take a look and holy hell!! 5 grand!!

Now for that 5 grand you get the egg, the nest and the plate setter. You also get the cool little lid band that says first 1000 made.

Sign me up!

Comments

• bgeaddikt
    bgeaddikt Posts: 503
    Options
    Imagine if you didn't burp it correctly??
    A clean burn would look like a jet engine spewing blue flames.
    Lid mis-alignment would be so annoying.
    But its soooooo big!
    Austin, Tx
  • MattBTI
    MattBTI Posts: 417
    Options
    $3,060 is what ours sell cost for the egg only. $370 for the plate setter, $214 on nest and $146 for composite eggmates. $3420 less tax. 
    Pratt, KS
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Stealer I frequent had a card on it...$3500 for the whole setup. 
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    My dealer at Kansas City BBQ Source has one of the original 1000, with the plate setter, nest and I believe the side tables for somewhere in the $3000's originally over $5000 for all that.  My guess that would also come with 20 lb bag of lump, ash tool and starter sticks.  It's still up there, but better then $5000.  I think I would rather have GoodOne Marshall they have for $2200 that will cook my food and is more portable to compete with or do cratering if I was to do so.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    One of the dealers here had their XXL listed at $2,600 demo price the day of the fest
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    If your serious about buying an XXL last time I was at Dizzy Pig in Manasas they had one she said she'd like to get rid of and would discount since it takes up so much space. Not sure if someone's bought it but it would be worth checking out.
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    $3,999 at my local dealer, $250 delivery. Nest included.
    Austin, Tx
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    A local Ace had one listed for $2,999.  I didn't ask if anything was included in that or not.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    With an XXL they should throw in 100 lbs of BGE Lump.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    not enough cooking area to spend that kind of money for that... I do love the egg, but there are better options for 5,000 dollars
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• bgeaddikt
    Options
    Does anybody know of anyone on here or in person that owns one?
    Austin, Tx
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    bgeaddikt said:
    Does anybody know of anyone on here or in person that owns one?
    @badinfluence has one ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I am very happy i didnt get an xxl...back when they were coming out, i had the money in hand ready to buy.   First, it was thanksgiving, then christmas, then memorial day, then fathers day and well, not spending $5k then was the best thing i ever didnt.   Id rather have a couple of xl eggs and a large and a minimax and all the gurus, multigrid racks and accessories for less than $5k. 

But the dramatic buildup to xxl prepared me for the dramatic buildup for the minimax, which, looking back, is something i use the heck out of.  The xxl might get used 6x a year but i am not even sure this optomistic estimate would play out.   But, when i look at how many times i fire up the minimax, i am so glad that is the extra toy i bought.  It has practical applications, is transportable and is far and away the bge i use the most
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Yes I still have mine.better options for the price are put there but it was a want. Just like some want a Chevy others a exotic car.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Yes I still have mine.better options for the price are put there but it was a want. Just like some want a Chevy others a exotic car.
    Still have and still operating your food truck?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    Just in case anyone wants one here's one on craigslist for two grand.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/for/5604602613.html
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    td66snrf said:

Hmmmm, is it just me, but why try to sell a brand new, never used XXL way under priced and without warranty but using a picture of a large...not even an XL picture? Any time when I would try to lay out that much coin for an unwarranted XXL then I hope some one had already taken my credit cards away from me!  =)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    for 5k you could get a jambo pit!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    RRP said:
    td66snrf said:

Hmmmm, is it just me, but why try to sell a brand new, never used XXL way under priced and without warranty but using a picture of a large...not even an XL picture? Any time when I would try to lay out that much coin for an unwarranted XXL then I hope some one had already taken my credit cards away from me!  =)
    I don't know.  They're about 100 miles south of me. Call them and see what the deal is. I'm just passing on the  info.  
    Cheers 
    TD
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    When I called jambo they were a heck of a lot more then 5K and a 10 month wait...just sayin

@RRP yes we are still doing the food truck. Doing more of the events and catering now then just going out for the general public to find us. It's kinda nice working just a few days a week and making enough money to live on.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
    XXL would probably eat my Mini-Max whole...Large quite doesn't

Austin, Tx
  • bgeaddikt
    Options
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Big inventory hog for dealers
    New Albany, Ohio 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Big inventory hog for dealers
    Big Green Egg co really messed up on this product release.  What they should have done was have it ready to deliver rather than tease us and risk canceled orders or the market cooling to its latest gadget.   I was so ticked at this that it became personal to me with the subsequent similar process with the minimax.

I am wondering if the xxl will remain in production amd whether parts availability will continue 10 yrs from now.   Xxl is really a commercial caterer or restaurant user and i dont know what its production cost us but the pricimg of it is ridiculous.  bGE in the process said, hey we will tease you with this awesome item, amd by the time pricing is set it is like hey we will thank you for waitimg this lomg so we are not only gonna grab your nuts but now we will pull amd twist.  That isnt bge intent but thats how i felt.  5 grand, i wont.  650 ish out the door on minimax, ill deal with it
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I think they should give one for free and a thank you for the support to each forum member with a post count over 1500

edit -- 1400, sorry
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• bgeaddikt
    Options
    BGE has no threat besides maybe kamado joe. Prices are up there. Its not for every class. You have to be somewhat insane to consider and then follow through with buying an egg. Unless cash isnt an issue. I look back and ask why did i pay hundreds for some ceramics?? But its a want, not a need. XXL IMO is amazing but obviously unrealistically not practical for daily/personal use.
    Austin, Tx
  • nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Once the pricing gets around $4,000.00, one should really start looking at the Komodo Kamado line and start comparing. 
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose