Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

I caved in

michaelmichael Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, after much research and reading all the reviews I finally ordered a large big green egg. They were on sale for $599 this weekend so I coudldnt pass that up. I am basically new to cooking but I think its time for me to have some really good food daily. anyway i didnt order any accessories.[p]Does anyone here know any good online websites to order accessories from?
·

Comments

• Michael, when I got my egg I ordered a plate setter, baking stone, and grid extender from The Chimney Sweep, at this site: http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/bgeopts.htm[p]

·
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,591
    Congratulations. You made a very wise decision.[p]I second Chuck/Tx's suggestion. Eventually you will want other items. There's lots to tempt you. And probably a table somewhere along the line. Also, be thinking 2nd Egg. We all do and most of us end up with two or more. [p]Also, get a good selection of rubs, a digital camera to show off your successes and a decent fire extinguisher to have close by. You can do great things with just the Egg fresh out of the box. Everything else just makes it more versitle and fun.[p]Spring "Seven Year Newbie" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

·
  • Michael,
    I suggest a large rubbermaid bin to dump your bag(s) of charcoal into. Platesetter, ash tool are useful and check out the Lawn Ranger and Dizzy Pig sites[p]http://lawnrangerbbq.com/[p]http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/

·
  • FlatEricFlatEric Posts: 56
    mule,
    Make sure it is in stock, I recently had delivery problems from them. Could of been one time deal, but ask to be safe....

·
  • WardsterWardster Posts: 681
    Michael,[p]Your only human.
    ·
  • mulemule Posts: 152
    FlatEric,
    I hope it was a one time deal - I have ordered a number of items from them and have had nothing but great service!![p]mule

·
  • orion11orion11 Posts: 140
    Michael,
    I ordered a platesetter thru Amazon.com, they ship it thru a 3rd party in New Jersey. It arrived in 5 pieces and had not been packed well. Actually, a 6 year old would have packed it better!! Now I get to fight with them and UPS to try and get a refund. Not looking forward to the battle.

·
  • Michael,I would check the dealer locator and go to a dealer myself. The problem with ceramic is that it breaks easily, if not packaged properly. I don't think it is worth the savings, battling the carriers over freight damage issues.

·
  • mulemule Posts: 152
    orion11,
    I ordered my platesetter from Hearthside and it arrived with one "leg" broken off. I called them and they sent another one right away - didn't even ask for my old one back!![p]mule

·
  • Q- Heaven,
    I couldnt agree more! I ordered from an online dealer when it came the base was cracked and it took several phone calls to straighten out the mess now I have a large base sitting in my yard. I called them again today and they said "oh yea you can go ahead and throw that away" Two months later #$%^&* wish there was an egg store here[p]anybody need a big green flower pot free to good home

·