Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg community has lost a great one

Options
2»

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    From all I've read and seen , I wish had had the opportunity to meet Shane.  Unfortunately I didn't but can send condolences to all of you that knew him and his loved ones.  He sounds special.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Little Steven
    Options
    This is the address for Shane Wilson's wife, Chris. The address for any condolences is;

655 Victoria Terrace
    Guelph, Ontario
    N1M 2G6

Any contributions to the trust fund, Uncle Blues, which provides musical instruments and lessons to children who otherwise could not afford them can be made to this address also.
    Shane passed suddenly in October from a brain tumour. 

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    So sorry to hear this. I never met him, but we talked many times. About BGE and German Shepherds and sausage. He'll be missed by many.

I maybe mistaken, but didn't he have some recipe for leftover thanksgiving day balls? He'd take all the leftovers and roll them up in stuffing and fry them or something? I seem to recall something like that. I might not be explaining it the best way, but the pictures looked great.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Little Steven
    Options
    I think you are right Grif. He made my outside of the bird stuffing and had way too much.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• YouEnjoyMyEgg
    YouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 168
    edited June 2016
    Options
    RIP eggin' friend.  It's obvious he was a great guy.

Obituaries never mention and yea privacy, etc.  But people who care or knew him want to know why or how he lost his life.  He wasn't old enough for this to be natural.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    If you were close to him you already know how he passed, if you weren't close to him, there is none for you to know - It is absolutely none of your business.
  • YouEnjoyMyEgg
    Options
    If you were close to him you already know how he passed, if you weren't close to him, there is none for you to know - It is absolutely none of your business.
    You don't have to be "close" to someone to wonder how they passed jackass.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Options
    Not giving a cause of death is a disservice to the community. The cause might give someone pause and lead to action, whether it's just a prostate exam or HIV activism. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    jlsm said:
    Not giving a cause of death is a disservice to the community. The cause might give someone pause and lead to action, whether it's just a prostate exam or HIV activism. 
    It takes a village, eh?  Feel free for your family to give out your cause of death when the time comes (many years from now).  Some folks consider that private information not for public consumption.
    Flint, Michigan
  • KKorkmaz
    KKorkmaz Posts: 150
    Options
    Sad news, RIP.
    Chicago, Illinois
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    The poor dog will be listening for any familiar noise that says his Dad just got home. 

Sad, in deed, and  I wonder if this the first ever Big Green Egg mentioned in an obit, anywhere?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    edited June 2016
    Options
    You don't have to be "close" to someone to wonder how they passed jackass.

Almost forgot to say...

With all due respect...

You can go eat a giant bag of dicks...raw.

There is nothing but morbid curiosity on your part wanting to know.

If you are a fat f u c k you already know you need to lose weight- doesn't matter if someone else died from heart disease.  If he fell into a wood chipper you already know not to do that.

Tell me what it is that you would find out that would make you do ANYTHING differently in your life?

You are like Marla from 'Fight Club'...

When you die from auto-erotic asphyxiation hanging from your ceiling do you want your family to let the BBQ forum know?
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

Gary,

Nice job man I really dropped the ball on that.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options

What a nice honor and a great friend you are. I never meet the man but always enjoyed his posts and help. Thank you!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Really nice gesture to set that egg up like that.  May he RIP.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,512
    Options
    Thank you @WeberWho , it was @Little Steven (the idea man) that arranged this with Dickson. 
    canuckland
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    The name rang a bell, but when I saw the pic of the pooch, I knew , "Oh, him, good guy." Many good posts. Thanks fellow.
  • DRoberts908
    Options
    prayers for his family. Much too young!
    Carrollton, Kentucky
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Rest in peace Shane.   You were a great contributor to this forum.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @Spaightlabs should be Buffaloed. 

Just sayin'

No place for that on this forum. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    Cherie and I attended the 2012 Dickson event so I must have met him, it is sad that he died so young.

Gerhard
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    @Spaightlabs should be Buffaloed. 

Just sayin'

No place for that on this forum. 
    he was smacking down the guy who was 1.) prying into cause of death and 2.) referring to spaightlabs as a jackass for saying it was none of his business.

less of a place for that, IMO

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]