Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggheads... Show me your covered decks and patios

2»

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    We used corrugated metal a couple places in our house.  We used new materials to "dog proof" the laundry room.  My father-in-law tore down an old barn of his and we re-purposed just about everything from it including the corrugated metal roof.  We have a "standard" roof over the porch but used the metal for the ceiling.

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I don't have issues so much with mosquito's per say....its them d@mn fly's that drive me crazy. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    SciAggie said:
    Is that tile or stamped concrete?
    @SciAggie - it's actually laid stone
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @HoustonEgger Thanks. My wife and I are looking at flooring options in our outdoor kitchen. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    SciAggie said:
    @HoustonEgger Thanks. My wife and I are looking at flooring options in our outdoor kitchen. 
    Ours is actually this stone: http://www.belgard.com/products/pavers/urbana_stone - we went with the beige color and you can see that it's pretty grey which is what we wanted. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @HoustonEgger Thanks for the link. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    @Sonny3, that is one nice patio area.  It looks like it should be on an episode of Mega Decks. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • For those of you that have them under a roof, especially like Sonny3's set up. Doesn't the roof get stained from the smoke?  We have 3, 1lg 2 minimax under an aluminum roof and what used to be white is now brown.  Haven't been successful with cleaning it either, so I would like to move the eggs outside.  Your pictures have me inspired!
    XL - LG - 2 Mini Max
    Miami Fl.
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    For those of you that have them under a roof, especially like Sonny3's set up. Doesn't the roof get stained from the smoke?  We have 3, 1lg 2 minimax under an aluminum roof and what used to be white is now brown.  Haven't been successful with cleaning it either, so I would like to move the eggs outside.  Your pictures have me inspired!

You may not be able to see it, but I have the ability to roll the egg table out to the edge of the upper deck just enough that the chimneys are not directly under the roof. You can probably see the guard rail I built and attached to the edge of the deck to prevent a run-away table. 

The eggs stay here most of the time unless we expect heavy rain and bad weather.  Then I just roll them back a couple of feet and they are under cover.  Also, when I first light the eggs, I have a fan blowing out to carry the VOC smoke away from the patio.  Works just fine and I never have a problem with the smoke running us off the back porch.  They have been this way since last August and I have no smoke build up on the roof at all.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • timdrew47
    timdrew47 Posts: 1
    We moved into a new, new to us, home last summer. The 12x14 existing deck was inadequate for my grilling gear. We added a 20x20 addition. Then added a 16x16 powder coated aluminum gazebo. The cookers will cook in the rain, I just hate getting wet. 

looking good bro...what all you cooking on all that equipment...looks serious
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Re mosquitos, we have a bunch of these hanging around the deck and burn citronella in them.

Decent bug control, not great, but the light is good.
  • Mosca
    Mosca Posts: 456
    Some nice decks!

Ours is more modest.