Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Outstanding recipe for Flank (or skirt) Steak

Options
BillT
BillT Posts: 61
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife and I attend an event at RH Phillips winery the first Saturday of each month that pairs a wine and food. A couple years ago we have this flank steak and thought it was outstanding. Last Saturday they fixed it again and it was outstanding. I came home and made this for supper and my wife insulted all my other cooking by stating that this was the best meal ever! [p]Enjoy.[p]R.H. Phillips Shiraz
Rosemary Flank Steak with Warm Figs and Gorgonzola
Serves 4[p]1, 2 to 2 ½ pound flank steak
1/3 cup rosemary leaves, loosely packed, lightly chopped
1/3 cup olive oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
5 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
2 tablespoons sea salt
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper[p]1. Combine ingredients, place flank steak in shallow dish or into a re-sealable plastic bag then pour marinade directly over meat. “Massage” rosemary onto and around steak. Refrigerate; marinate flank steak for 45 minutes to 1 hour before grilling.
2. Place flank steak onto a medium-hot grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare doneness; remove from grill and let stand a few minutes before slicing.[p]Warm Figs and Gorgonzola
1 basket black mission figs
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon sea salt
¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, minced
1 tablespoon parsley, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced[p]1. Combine olive oil, salt, pepper and figs in a medium-sized bowl, toss together lightly. Place whole figs directly onto grill half-way through the flank steak’s cooking time, reserving residual olive oil and seasoning left in bowl. Turn figs once then remove promptly after 6 minutes total time has elapsed. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in reserved fig bowl. Toss together gently and reserve. Once figs have been removed from grill, carefully cut each into halves or quarters then add them directly to the gorgonzola mixture. Again, toss together lightly. Spoon figs and gorgonzola over the top of the sliced flank steak.
2. Serve with R.H. Phillips Shiraz.[p]
Recipe by Rachael Levine, Executive Winery Chef[p]

Comments