Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Friend needs dealer in TN

Options
I have a friend who wants to become a BGE owner. He will be moving to TN, Mt Pleasant area, in a month. I advised him to wait until after the move to make a purchase. Can anyone give any recommendations on a helpful dealer in the area?
Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS

Comments

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    there is one in Columbia---probably closest to him, but don't know the place or reputation
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Correction...Mt. Juliet area...east of Nashville. Oops...bad memory. 
  • rmr62
    rmr62 Posts: 233
    Options
    BGE locator says there is a pool place in Mt. Juliet that is a dealer.  My daughter just graduated from Belmont U. but I never used any dealers up there except when I would stop a Lodge Factory Store occassionally
    Lagrange, GA   LBGE
  • wbradking
    wbradking Posts: 351
    Options
    There are a couple of dealers down here in Franklin but that would be a pretty good haul from Mt. Juliet.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    Options
    I use Hearth and Grill shop in Nashville.  They seem pretty reputable.  I've had no issues with them.

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    I've been to The Choppin' Block in Clarksville. They are an Egg dealer and a butcher shop. 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    I'll second Hearth and Grill in Nashville.  I know there is one in Franklin in the southside of Nashville, but not sure of the name.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    I've been to that store east of Nashville and was not impressed... Just me. I drove to Flaurence Al to Ken's sewing center and got couple hundred less and they serviced my wives sewing machine. Let me look at where MT Pleasant is. I'm in east central TN

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Options
    Looks like he's about equidistant between the too. I'd call Kens Sewing Center they gave me top notch deal and service. 

XLBGE 
  • hollow4
    hollow4 Posts: 1
    Options
    I just bought an XL from Quality Furniture (http://www.qfchome.com/) in Murfreesboro. It was a haul from where I live on the west side of town but they were $300-400 cheaper than everyone else I called in Nashville (which was all shops on the west and south side). I got an XL, Nest, Side Tables, and Plate setter for $1500 including tax). Took my Dad and I an hour to set everything up. 

They had good deals on starter kits too but since I already own a large I passed. 
  • tonyled
    tonyled Posts: 536
    Options
    I've been to that store east of Nashville and was not impressed... Just me. I drove to Flaurence Al to Ken's sewing center and got couple hundred less and they serviced my wives sewing machine. Let me look at where MT Pleasant is. I'm in east central TN
    im originally from livingston, near cookeville
  • Raymont
    Raymont Posts: 710
    Options
    I purchased my egg from Hearth & Grill, Nashville. Pro's: Have egg's in stock, ok accessories & lump. They are probably the biggest egg dealer in greater Nashville area. They have been around for a long time, but I don't think Eggs are their staple revenue (fireplaces, stoves, etc.). Con's: Their prices are ~10% high. Also, I have had (2) horrible experiences (0 good experiences) with warranty claims with them. In short: I do not recommend them. 

Small & Large BGE

Nashville, TN

• itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!  I am passing it all along to the future Egger.