Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It gets better right?

Options
It's going to stop, right?  Within the month I've purchased pswoo and woo (l/mm), KAB (l/mm), rutland gasket from rrp (finally installed yesterday), smokeware cap, and BBQ guru wifi (2nd time around).  Good thing this stuff arrives when I can get to it first.

Comments

• leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    Yes until you get another egg and have to do it all over again. 
    Dyersburg, TN
  • OpusXcellent
    Options
    #TheStruggleIsReal
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Ask @YukonRon
    New Albany, Ohio 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    It doesn't stop. Have you started mail ordering lump yet?
    NOLA
  • HondaHawk
    HondaHawk Posts: 98
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    It doesn't stop. Have you started mail ordering lump yet?
    Nah. I just grab a bag (RO/RW) on the way home. Loaded up on the Home Depot sale last month. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    You are just getting started. Might want to up your limits on all your cards.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    We could tell you it will, but it won't. Tongs spatulas, AR, black stone griddle, Sous Vide. Vacuum sealer. Meat Grinder, new knives, bigger cutting board, outdoor kitchen.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    No
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I forgot one--Snake River Farms. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • n8er
    n8er Posts: 114
    Options
    Always something on the radar map

Egging year 'round in North Dakota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    some day this fall, lamb prosciutto wrapped abt's =) there is no end

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    some day this fall, lamb prosciutto wrapped abt's =) there is no end

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    Don't know if I could, but maybe, just maybe, stop checking this site five times a day ;)
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Aaah, but just look at the happiness it brings you and your dinner guests. Think of it as an investment. Might I suggest the Joetisserie? =)
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Not really. Next thing will be coolers. Then sous vide.  Then a trailer reverse flow or vertical.  Then a kitchen remodel or new house with bigger kitchen. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Don't forget the expenses of traveling to and cooking at Eggfests.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I don't want to think about what I spent for BB. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Foghorn said:

Neither does anyone who attended.  But they are all glad you did it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tarheelmatt
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Foghorn said:

Neither does anyone who attended.  But they are all glad you did it.
    In the end, it was totally worth it. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    You'll become famous among friends for your cooking and be buried in a pauper's grave - sorry to break the news to you...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    You'll become famous among friends for your cooking and be buried in a pauper's grave - sorry to break the news to you...
    Assume you're directing that comment towards me?  

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    It could be worse.  You could be hooked on a BOAT (Bust Out Another Thousand).
    Flint, Michigan
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    You will become good friends with butcher(s), and ask them odd cuts of meat.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @tarheelmatt Are we both headed in the same direction?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Not really. Next thing will be coolers. Then sous vide.  Then a trailer reverse flow or vertical.  Then a kitchen remodel or new house with bigger kitchen. 
    It's like you have been living in my house. We have followed almost exactly that timeline/progression. Currently contemplating kitchen remodel vs. new house.

And @HondaHawk it depends on what you mean by "better" - to me "better" means I get more toys as time rolls on. Beware of drunk Amazon purchases, which this forum will make you do. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,180
    Options
    Yeah it'll stop when you realize that you don't need half of the crap...
  • CheeseheadinAZ
    Options
    Since you'll be outside all the time now, why not some external wifi Bose speakers and hang a tv out there too.  And once you expand your cooking skills you'll probably need another egg to cook up some appetizers while you are waiting on the low and slow cook!  With that in mind an outside frig would be nice for easy access to your favorite beverage and don't forget that bug zapper.  Oh and get off those feet with some new patio furniture...
  • HondaHawk
    Options
    caliking said:
    It's like you have been living in my house. We have followed almost exactly that timeline/progression. Currently contemplating kitchen remodel vs. new house.

And @HondaHawk it depends on what you mean by "better" - to me "better" means I get more toys as time rolls on. Beware of drunk Amazon purchases, which this forum will make you do. 
    I've been down the drunk Amazon road many of times.  

I've got the anova (thanks to this site) and the RTIC 65/20 in tan (thanks to this site). 

The rewards are great with great food, my spending this month is ridiculous though. Oh well. I'm set for awhile...unless more joetisserie threads are made and I fight myself on the reasons why and why not to purchase it (I do want it). 
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Since you'll be outside all the time now, why not some external wifi Bose speakers and hang a tv out there too.  And once you expand your cooking skills you'll probably need another egg to cook up some appetizers while you are waiting on the low and slow cook!  With that in mind an outside frig would be nice for easy access to your favorite beverage and don't forget that bug zapper.  Oh and get off those feet with some new patio furniture...
    Nailed it
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker