Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So I Got a Suprise... (Pic Heavy)

Options
This morning, my wife tells me that her sister bought some meat and wanted me to grill it for supper tonight. Great! Meat I don't have to buy! Sister-in-law went to the local Hispanic market and bought a whole mess of peppers and onions. 
This is only about a third of them. She wanted to make salsa and chili verde. 
About 3 pounds of beef rib meat, cut real thin. 
About 3 pounds of marinated chicken breast. 
And about 3 pounds of shrimp. This is the first of 2 batches. 
It is about 112 in Las Vegas today. Needless to say, I am so thankful to have that pool to jump into between throwing all of this stuff on!
Las Vegas, NV

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    A woman who doesn't have to asked or pleaded with to buy grub for the egg---Can I have her number. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    A woman who doesn't have to asked or pleaded with to buy grub for the egg---Can I have her number. 
    Sure, be glad to get her off my hands. Haha. But seriously, I have been blessed to marry into a great family. Especially when they buy meat for me to grill!
    Las Vegas, NV

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    Looks good it's getting hot awfully early this year!  Great egging spot for the heat
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Lol, I understand. That's awesome though.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ex0
    ex0 Posts: 6
    Options
    wow, 112, that's hot!  what temp is the pool?
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I like the 2 passed out Barbies in the 4th photo. =)
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    Looks good it's getting hot awfully early this year!  Great egging spot for the heat
    It seems early, already looking forward to September. 
    ex0 said:
    Not sure, should have put the thermometer in it. Turned the heater on last weekend and got it up to temp and turned it off. It feels great though. 

I like them too. Told my daughter that it looked like they needed a margarita. She wasn't amused. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    It seems early, already looking forward to September. 
    ex0 said:
    Not sure, should have put the thermometer in it. Turned the heater on last weekend and got it up to temp and turned it off. It feels great though. 

I like them too. Told my daughter that it looked like they needed a margarita. She wasn't amused. 
    It must be heat stroke laying on that concrete.  That sure looks like a great feed there.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Great looking cook. I need to do more similar cooks. It seems I get into trends and keep cooking similar stuff, instead of venturing out.

Looks great !!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !!