Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Normandy Style Pork Loin....side dish needed.

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am going to try the recipe below for a Christmas Eve dinner.
Just wondering if anyone had any great ideas for a side dish, like a
great rice dish or any other suggestion that any of you think would go good with this.
Thanks.

[ul][li]Normandy Style Pork Loin[/ul]

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    EJ,
    I have been thinking about this one for a little and I think I am ready to give some suggestions. First, let the meat marinade overnight.[p]The first thing that comes to mind is roasted baby red potatoes. One easy way to make them is Kabob style. Just thread them on a metal skewer and roast them. Brush or drizzle them with a mixture of Rosemary, Kosher Salt, Black Pepper and Olive Oil. I am guessing about 30 minutes at 325, flipped once. An Indirect fire would be best or you could just place the skewers around the meat during the last hour. Keep checking them after 30 minutes to make sure that they do not over cook. If they finish before the meat, just pull them off and place in a dish in the microwave and they will stay very warm.[p]The next side dish is painfully simple, buy a nice bag of frozen peas and steam them just enough to warm them. Do not overcook and do not use canned, you want them to have a little crispness to them. When the peas go to the table, place a nice pat of real butter on them. The meat is main focus here.[p]Also, to keep things simple buy a couple of bags of the nice salad mixes. I prefer Dole’s Mediterranean mix. There is a nice mix of Radicco (the red stuff) to contrast nicely with the darker greens. Keep the salad dressing on the side or better yet, place a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a bottle of Balsamic or Chilpolte Vinegar on the table and let every put on there own with plenty of fresh ground black pepper. [p]There are two last things that will round it out. The first is large loaf of warmed French bread to soak up all of those great juices. The second is a couple of bottles of hearty Red Wine, something along the lines of a real Zinfandel (not that white junk), Pinot Noir or Cabernet. [p]I think that colors will present nicely on the table, Roasted Meat, Red Potatoes, Red Wine, Green Salad and Green Peas. How is that for Christmas Dinner Plate?[p]Most important of all, relax and enjoy!
    RhumAndJerk

• RhumAndJerk,[p]Thank you....I appreciate all of your suggestions. They are
    great! My mouth was watering as I read your post. This is going to be one great dinner. Enjoy the holidays !
    EJ

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    EJ,
    RhumAndJerk is not only a great cook, and friend, he has a way with words that is enviable![p]Good luck with your cook. Except for the peas, it sounds delish!
    Peas and me get along like sweet potatoes and Dr. Chicken.[p]Ho Ho Ho
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ