Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fiesta Cubana

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
An amazing cook went down yesterday. I don't have all the pics or details, since things were happening fast, and I was drinking a fair bit (of my own beer for change). @20stone and @pigfisher came over with some other folks, cooked , fed us some great grub, then cleaned up before heading out. Win!

it started with those two dreaming of Cuban sammiches. @pigfisher smoked a mangalitsa butt, and @20stone sent a 14 lb dirty happy ham over to be smoked at my place the night before. This pic is not the best, but the aroma was heavenly. Indirect, 250, Rockwood , Apple chunks for smoke. Flame Boss did the job on this one. I slept like a baby. Rubbed with something awesome that 20stone threw together     

Once the crew was assembled, the sammiches started. Pulled pork, sliced ham, homemade pickles, mustard, homemade garlic aioli on homemade bread. 20stone has been dabbling in the bread arts recently, with some damn fine results. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments