Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New to egging and this forum (Loving it, pic heavy)

Options
TexWes
TexWes Posts: 4
edited June 2016 in EggHead Forum
I picked up the extra large egg at the end of April and I now see what all the hype is about! Here she is as I began the assembly process.

Finished her up here...

So so far I have cooked burgers, a brisket and beer can chicken with ribs and pizza next on my list. The brisket came from Costco and was prime grade.  I put it on at 7:30 pm and I fiddled around with the temp until 11:30 pm.  I went too bed and woke up at 7:30 am and the egg was still chugging along with the brisket internal temp at 173. I wrapped it in foil and left it on another 4 hours until it hit 200 degrees internal. That's 16 hours on the egg and I never had to add any more fuel and actually just used some that was left from that cook on burgers last night. Crazy! I was very pleased with how the brisket came out, you,could easily cut it with a fork. My wife doesn't usually like my chicken off of my old grill but she sure loved the beer can chicken off the egg. So Juicy and flavorful.

beer can chicken

Egg going again last night for burgers. I had a very busy day and didn't plan to use it but it is just so easy to use and it was sitting there looking at me. The beer is a home brew courtesy of a co worker friend. 

I love reading this forum and picking up ideas and knowledge. Thanks for all you do!

Comments