Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Back to the Egg

Options
Forgive me forum, I have been away from egging for sometime.  Mostly due to work, projects around the house, and end of school year activities, we've been eating off the Genesis, out of the crock pot or freezer, and takeout.

Yesterday I fired the egg up and got some bone-in/skin-on chicken breasts seasoned with salt and pepper.

I cooked them raised, about 375, and had a drip pan on the lower grate - too much smoke from fat dripping on the coals will get me grief from the wife.

Once they got up to 145ish IT, I started hitting them with some blueberry BBQ sauce I got from my wife - who loves A Chef's Life and was super excited to buy her sauce.

Pulled when I got an IT of 161, and let them rest for a few minutes before cutting in half and serving with greens and green beans.

It was really good, the sauce has some sweetness from the blueberry, but it is a very thin, primarily apple cider vinegar sauce.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

Comments

• Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Options
    Nice. Now damn, I am doing a high heat burn of my egg, but I have to go find something to eat.  That pic sure got to me in a hurry.

My wife just saw this post and told me to go find some of that sauce.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Thanks @sonny3 - I'm pretty sure my wife got it at Southern Season in Chapel Hill, NC.  You might be able to order it, but Insuspect it might end up being more $ than it's worth.

My wife has preordered her cookbook, I'm hoping the recipe is included in there.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Good looking plate brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    That looks great!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Great looking yard bird!  I had the same situation where it seemed I didn't have time to egg as much as usual. Feels great to fire it up again.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Ahh Southern Season'S in Chapel Heel.  We stop there before the games to pick up some whine and cheese.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.