Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs??

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're cooking a slab of babyback ribs @225. We're planning to leave them on the egg for 2 1/2 hours with indirect heat. We're open to suggestions.

Comments

• Mike in MN
    Mike in MN Posts: 546
    Options
    JennQ,
    That will be a good start. [p]They will need at least another hour. After that, you could wrap them in tin foil and possibly cook for another hour. The temp is a little low (it's fine to cook that low) but it will certainly take longer than 2.5 hours.[p]I go 250-275 (indirect) for 3+ hours, then wrap for 1 hour.[p]I just stopped by the forum for 5 minutes..... Headed for the lake.[p]Have a great Fourth![p]Mike in MN

• SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options
    JennQ,[p]I happen to think Ray Lampe's (Dr. BBQ) Championship ribs are the best I've tried. [p]Just had them yesterday, hard to get any better.[p]-Smitty[p]

[ul][li]Dr BBQ's Championship Ribs[/ul]

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    ribs430pm.jpg
    <p />JennQ,
    Longer. About 5 hours, mist with apple juice after the 1st hour every hour. They will be done in 4 probably. Bump the temp up after 4-5 hours to 275, sauce if you like. Pull off in 30 minutes.
    HTH[p]Mike

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Options
    Better plan on closer to 4 1/2 hours.[p]Toy Man
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    JennQ,
    When I do my ribs, I start out with 250 dome indirect for 2 hours standing ribs on side using V-rack. Next,take the ribs off and cover with foil with apple juice in the foil. Put back on the Egg for another hour in the foil. Take them back off and uncover. Run the Egg up to 400 and put the ribs back on. Keep them on for half hour and remove. Everytime I use this method, I have great results. Always tender falling off the bone. [p]Chef Jerry

• Unknown
    Options
    JennQ,[p]There are a gazillion ways to do ribs and most of the time, it is much more simple that you may read about on the forums for great ribs. Wonderful ribs can be done very easy on the cooker by just running the grid temp at 250 degrees and cooking the ribs until they are done. [p]There is no reason to use several cooking temps, foil, apple juice, apple vinegar, mustard, or any of the crutches but just put them on and get them done and you might really like them bettter than what you are using now. A good rub along with a glaze at the end of the cook sure makes a great rib for me. [p]30mvc-003s.jpg[p]Dave