Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Classic & improvised pizzas

SciAggie
SciAggie Posts: 6,481
Made a classic Margherita pizza tonight. Finished with a little aged balsamic - I liked that. Then I made a pulled pork pizza. I used red enchilada sauce for the base, then pulled pork, grilled onion & bell pepper, topped with monterey jack and queso fresco and some sliced jalepeno. Used cilantro lime dressing to finish. It was great - even if I say so myself...

I let the dough rise for about 18 hours

Raised stone to get dome heat

Margherita pizza

Pulled pork pizza
Coleman, Texas
Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
"Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                      YukonRon

Comments

• CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Beautiful 
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    you had me at red enchilada sauce! looks great!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Both of those pizza's look great.  Nice work!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• SciAggie
    you had me at red enchilada sauce! looks great!
    I just made it up because I had leftovers. It was actually very good. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Wow nice
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice work brother!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SciAggie
    I'm putting a pizza oven in my outdoor kitchen - but if it makes better pizzas than this I don't know if I can handle it. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Interesting. Looks good from my house. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,533
    Best I've seen lately!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Those Za's are fantastic. Beautiful cook!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Great pizzas and great pics.  A+ on the food photography erotica.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Nice work, both pies look great!  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307

Oh that second pie with the Texas Pickles....nice.

LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Great looking pies!
  • Those look fantastic!  Gig 'Em!

Native Texan currently living in the Pensacola, FL area
    1x LBGE
  • gooseneck
    gooseneck Posts: 4
    I am new at this, what did you use to raise the stone from the rack? 
    Thanks....
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    I love the idea of an enchilada sauce as the base. 

Those pies look great. 
  • SciAggie
    gooseneck said:
    I am new at this, what did you use to raise the stone from the rack? 
    Thanks....
    I bought some long bolts, nuts and washers at the hardware store and attached them to a cheap grate from Lowes or Home Depot. 

Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SciAggie
    Thanks everyone for the kind words. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • gooseneck
    Great idea! Thanks for sharing.....
  • tjsp
    tjsp Posts: 48
    What temperature? 
  • tjsp
    tjsp Posts: 48
    Has anyone tried the William Sonoma pizza crust mix? 
  • SciAggie
    tjsp said:
    What temperature? 
    I cooked these at about 575 dome temp. I let the egg "soak" at that temperature for about 1 1/2 hours. Part of that is by design, part because my wife got delayed at work. It takes a while for the ceramics to come up to temp themselves. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Well done sir! 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • ThrillSeeker
    ThrillSeeker Posts: 306
    mmmmm.....pizza...........

Large BGE - Medium BGE - Too many accessories to name

Antioch, TN

• gooseneck
    One more question :  what size and where did you get your pizza stone
    Thanks. 
  • SciAggie
    gooseneck said:
    One more question :  what size and where did you get your pizza stone
    Thanks. 
    That's easy. It's a Big Green Egg pizza stone for the large. I don't know the dimensions without measuring. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon