Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Birthday filets

Options
Did some birthday filets. Reverse seared with meat church holy cow rub. Paired with cauliflower mashed potatoes (zero carbs) and green beans. 

Jamming to some music 
 Thanks for lookin

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• Booder34
    Booder34 Posts: 14
    Options
    Damn looks good. 
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    edited June 2016
    Options
    That looks great! We are doing low carb also and I haven't tried the mashed cauliflower yet. It looks pretty good on your plate. Is that melted Stilton on the filet?
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    That looks great! We are doing low carb also and I haven't tried the mashed cauliflower yet. It looks pretty good on your plate. Is that melted Stilton on the filet?
    It's blue cheese. Let me know if your interested in trying the mashed cauliflower I can get the recipe from my wife. It was very good, almost like mashed potatoes no joke. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Wow.  So much to say. 

1. Happy Birthday!
    2. Excellent looking meal.
    3. Nice setup you have there!

Cheers!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• bhedges1987
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Wow.  So much to say. 

1. Happy Birthday!
    2. Excellent looking meal.
    3. Nice setup you have there!

Cheers!
    Thanks, was my brothers birthday. He has never had an egged steak. He was impressed.  His last steak was at outback

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Nice work brother.  Looks delicious!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • REMtx
    REMtx Posts: 63
    Options
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    It's blue cheese. Let me know if your interested in trying the mashed cauliflower I can get the recipe from my wife. It was very good, almost like mashed potatoes no joke. 
    I would love the cauliflower recipe. Much appreciated. Thanks!

Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Happy Birthday.. That is pure magic from beginning to end !!!!
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Everything looks great.  There is a great recipe in the BGE cookbook for roasted cauliflower too.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bhedges1987
    Options
    NonaScott said:
    NonaScott said:
    I would love the cauliflower recipe. Much appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/better-than-potatoes-cheesy-cauliflower.html 

I recommend adding some melted butter and shredded cheese on top before you server ;p  @NonaScott

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    I like your deck.  It looks like you are cooking in the treetops.

What kind of decking is that?  Composite?  Wood with a stain that makes the grain pop?
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI