Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Pig Roast Argentinian Style

Options
2»

Comments

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That looks like a blast and ballsy as hell to just run with it without anyone that had done it before.  Congrats, excellent cook.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Great post to follow... Love the part about the kids.. Thanks for sharing.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • BigWings
    BigWings Posts: 172
    Options
    A friend just this picture of me expressing a dissenting view to my brother's girlfriends dissenting view of the pig roast!   She is a vegetarian but she brought this along as a good natured jab.   I think most of you will agree this was a much-needed photo bomb!

New Brunswick, Canada

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    You need to talk to your brother... And yes, the photobomb was a good start.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Awesome cook...you've almost convinced me to give it a try....maybe I'll start off with a squirrel or something a little smaller though !!!!

Looks good brother !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    This was awesome.  I really enjoyed following along and it looks like a great time.  That last picture is just frikkin hilarious. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Nice post man.  Truly defines what it's all about.  Pig, fire, good peeps, and great times.  You guys would fit right in with my crew.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• BigWings
    Options
    Focker said:
    Nice post man.  Truly defines what it's all about.  Pig, fire, good peeps, and great times.  You guys would fit right in with my crew.  
    Thanks man, brothers in smoke!

New Brunswick, Canada

• BigWings
    Options
    One more thing, for an appetizer I threw some 1.5" rib eyes on the coals and sliced them on a cutting board dressed in olive oil, basil, thyme, garlic salt and pepper.   They lasted about 90 seconds!   

New Brunswick, Canada

• Ima_good_egg
    Ima_good_egg Posts: 590
    Options
    That's quite an adventure!  
    Wisconsin, lbge, MM, kab, pig tail flippers, bear claws, and more rubs than I will admit to.