Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

MONSTER CHOPS - Part II

Options
2»

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    blasting said:
    Those chops look incredible Cazzy.  You're back to egg cooking?
    I always egg when I visit Beeville, so it isn't too often these days.  I usually have a pretty great time using them during my visits.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    Options
    those look incredible. I'm thawing out thick chops for dinner now as we speak. 

Look forward to seeing yours!  You going to glaze em?
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Outstanding....love the way those turned out.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Dude, I grilled some pretty awesome chops this weekend (but it didn't happen since i didn't take pics... and cooked on a Weber), but they were nowhere near as monstrous as yours. Those are eat-my-screen worthy :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    Those are so beautiful!! I bet they were fun to cook as well!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Dayum.  Those look spectacular....What butcher in Beeville?
    Thanks!!

Elder's Meat Market & Country Store
    Thanks for the info.  We will be stopping there the next time we go to CC
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • cazzy
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Dayum.  Those look spectacular....What butcher in Beeville?
    Thanks!!

Elder's Meat Market & Country Store
    Thanks for the info.  We will be stopping there the next time we go to CC
    I would call in your order a couple of days before hand.  Reggie or Sid will take care of you, but custom orders need to be placed in advance.  Most locals just pick up whatever is in the store...they know me as the curveball guy.  I usually do different ground beef blends, crown roast or monster chops.  
  • cazzy
    edited June 2016
    Options
    caliking said:
    Dude, I grilled some pretty awesome chops this weekend (but it didn't happen since i didn't take pics... and cooked on a Weber), but they were nowhere near as monstrous as yours. Those are eat-my-screen worthy :)
    Shoot, i'm sure I would have crushed yours!   ;)

Dude, they were off the chain.  I had a leftover one today and it hit the spot...especially combined with hatch pepper jelly.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    cazzy, we usually shop at Moody's in CC and they will cut anything I want.  It is always nice to have another butcher shop in your back pocket.  My nephew says there is a good butcher shop in Floresville.  That is where he has taken his deers for processing.  Have you heard of that one?
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    cazzy said:
    caliking said:

Dude, they were off the chain.  I had a leftover one today and it hit the spot...especially combined with hatch pepper jelly.
    No doubt, bro. Your "$hitty BBQ" beats my best!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cazzy
    Options
    cazzy, we usually shop at Moody's in CC and they will cut anything I want.  It is always nice to have another butcher shop in your back pocket.  My nephew says there is a good butcher shop in Floresville.  That is where he has taken his deers for processing.  Have you heard of that one?
    Could be this spot in Poth (right outside of Floresville)...they do Deer Processing.   http://wiatreksmeatmarket.com/

Elders is a good spot for Beeville, but it isn't fancy.  Very old school and definitely has the country store feel.  They sell BBQ there...it isn't seasoned very aggressively, but I enjoy it and like the smoke profile.  Every Saturday, the have a beef rib plate for $6.50.  Not a bad deal and they eat well.
  • cazzy
    Options
    caliking said:
    cazzy said:
    caliking said:

Hah, I've heard nothing but good things about the $hit you put out!  Our 2016 goal should be to meet up!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    cazzy said:
    caliking said:
    Hah, I've heard nothing but good things about the $hit you put out!  Our 2016 goal should be to meet up!
    If you two meet up to  do some heavy cooking I want to be your official taste tester.  :-))