Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heading to Austin for my 60th!

Options
124»

Comments

• Dondgc
    Dondgc Posts: 709
    Options
    they don't do dinner. They are usually sold out by 2 or so. If you get there much after 8 am on a weekend you may net eat.

I've found the weekday lines can be 3-4 hours long and weekends at least 4-5. Last time I got there at 7:30 and ate at 1!
    wow. I heard the line could be hours long but I just didn't believe it. Now I know!
    New Orleans LA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    That video @dstearn posted is great, but what's the deal with the guy standing there with his fingers going?  Did he do that for 6 hours?
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2016
    Options
    dstearn said:
    and if you want to speak local it's breakfast taco, not burrito here in the ATX. Not sure why but that's the way we roll. The only place that serves breakfast burritos in Austin is McDonalds. 

My bad, it was the Real Deal Holyfield Taco
    I was just busting your chops a little. I don't know why we call it a breakfast taco and almost everywhere else it's a breakfast burrito. San Antonio is the same way. Maybe it's a central TX thing.

The Real Deal Holyfield is a killer taco. Have fun at Olamae tonight. Hope you had fun in our fair city even though apparently it's monsoon season in TX. You hit a bunch of the highlights so if you didn't like those, you aren't going to like much else. Hell, I'm actually a little jealous of your run this week and I live here!

Happy Birthday and travel safe tomorrow
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • dstearn
    dstearn Posts: 1,702
    Options
    Our last dinner at Olamaie. It was outstanding!

• dstearn
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Legume said:
    That video @dstearn posted is great, but what's the deal with the guy standing there with his fingers going?  Did he do that for 6 hours?
    I have viewed it several times and I still can't figure out what he was doing.  =)
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    I am glad and your wife had a great time here in Austin.  Your post have been some of the best.  Normally we don't have this amount of rain, but that didn't seem to slow y'all down.  Happy birthday
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • dstearn
    Options
    I am glad and your wife had a great time here in Austin.  Your post have been some of the best.  Normally we don't have this amount of rain, but that didn't seem to slow y'all down.  Happy birthday
    We had a great time. Most of the rain was in the evening. The highlight for me was Franklins BBQ and meeting Aaron in person.