Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Broken Plate Setter and Fire Ring? Will this be covered under warranty do you think?

Options

Comments

• MO_Eggin
    MO_Eggin Posts: 282
    Options
    Fire ring should be covered under warranty without issue.  The plate setter depends on age - 3 year warranty coverage.
    LBGE - St. Louis, MO; MM & LBGE - around 8100' somewhere in the CO Front Range
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    The plate setter (conveggtor...cringe) is covered for 3 years.   Fire ring has a lifetime warranty so you are definitely covered there. 

http://biggreenegg.com/warranty/

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• chadpsualum
    chadpsualum Posts: 409
    Options
    Any context on how that happened?  Did they crack during a cook or did you drop it?  If the latter I would guess that it wouldn't be covered.
    North Pittsburgh, PA
    1 LGE
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Ring yup plate setter? 
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    plate setter i got when  i bought the egg about 5-6 yrs ago...  i'll shoot the dealer an email for a new fire ring 

thanks for the info
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    A broken plate setter is always excellent rationalization for getting an Adjustable Rig. I, uh, know a guy that went that route.
  • XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    ha!  i am trying to justifying to myself why i need the adjustable rig based on the cooks i do.... i am already rationalizing the 36"BS :)
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Rational is not a word that can be used with any seriousness on this forum. even my wife knows when I start with---"Well, I have been thinking........" 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    How about a cast iron plate setter?  More expensive than ceramic one, but should last a lifetime.  Several places sell them ... here's one place (with a 10% off code that ends today) that sells them: http://smokeware.com/collections/grill-accessories/products/plate-setter?variant=1173130543

PS ... the smoke stain down in the break of your plate documents that it wasn't dropped and broken, but that it developed a heat crack that slowly spread across the width.  Now if it was just less than three years old.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Why should a CI PS last forever? It's CI. CI cracks with too much heat and can break if dropped. I have a Dutch oven and two CI grids to prove it (the heat part anyway, never dripped one).

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I had same issues and both were replaced.  Both were less than 3 yrs old tho!