Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's the gasket you guys all use?

Options
Can't find a link or bookmark anywhere. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    @RRP PM him for a Rutland or checkout the nomex from smokeware.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    smokeware nomex for me
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    Options
    Smokeware Nomex (they have the correct ¾" width for my Medium)
  • XC242
    XC242 Posts: 1,208
    Options
    Rutland
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well, he is pretty bashful, but honestly, RRP has the hook up. He doesn't solicate or advertise but he will walk you right through it.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I scraped off the burnt felt, cleaned the residue, and laid down two heavy beads of that copper gasket stuff, layed a sheet of Saran Wrap on top, and then closed the lid and let it cure for two days.  
    It's completely air-tight, lasted for 2+years so far, and even shock-absorbing if you drop the lid.  Cost less than $10.  
    It is ugly, however.  I posted a thread on it here somewheres...

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Rutland.  Never question RRP.  Just do what he says and you'll be extremely happy....
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Rutland all the way! If you don't have one, just get one. You'll end up with one in the long run anyway so ya might as well get it done now. 
    NW IOWA
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    Options
    Rutland. But i recommend the permatex sealer (high heat gasket maker, copper colored) rather than the rutland adhesive

if you can't wait, both can be readily had at most hardware stores. The adhesive might require a trip to a car parts place
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options

The package calls it 7'x5/8"...the description calls 5/16" flat x 7' which I would believe is desired...is the 95-6 the correct number?

Rutland Inc Gasket Kit Tape 7'x5/8" 95-6                                                                                              

Price:$10.99 & FREE Shipping
    Note: Not eligible for Amazon Prime. Available with free Prime shipping from other sellers on Amazon.
    In Stock.
    Estimated Delivery Date: June 2 - 7 when you choose Expedited at checkout.
    Ships from and sold by Life and Home.
    • Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
    • 5/16" flat, 7-feet long, 1.3oz cement
    • Convenient package includes graphite-impregnated gaskets and a single-use tube of EZ-Spread gasket cement to make replacing your stove or fireplace gasket painless
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Rutalnd.  RRP!  Bought one a couple of weeks ago and RRP guides you from start to finish!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Rutland from RRP. Yes, you can find it on Amazon and other places. But RRP sells you exactly what you need, the length you need, the instructions to install it, is available with a lot of experience to answer questions, and ships it to you for a nice low price.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    As with everyone else - Rutland. I ordered one from Ron last week on a Wednesday and it arrived on Friday. Installed on Saturday and got cooking on Sunday. 
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Gravytrain84
    Gravytrain84 Posts: 322
    Options
    Thanks guys. I contacted Ron and have one on the way. 
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Great, just follow Ron's instructions and you'll be all set!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Parkersquared
    Options
    I have one I still need to install.  
    Wiggins, MS
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    Thank all you folks for your kind words. As I approach the 2,600 number in all these years only one person has stiffed me. Subsequently I discovered he has scammed many people and is banned from eBay and Pay Pal so I got off easy.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.