Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Rib Help Please

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum

Greetings![p]Would anyone know how to go about cooking a beef prime rib in an extra large egg? A good recipe for Christmas day will be greatly appreciated! Thanks![p]Red

Comments

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    RedRocker91,
    I have never done prime rib on my egg but there has been a lot of talk about cooking them the past week or so. Here's links to a recent thread - Salt encrusted rib roast[p]Mr Beer[p]

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    RedRocker91,
    Just a little down the threads is a post about Prime Rib Decision. It holds the basic information. Since Prime Rib is great by itself, just some kosher Salt and Pepper. Further down is a great post by Earl about a Salt Encrusted Prime Rib that is complete with all the pictures. It is a great read.[p]I have a sauce that I consider essential to be served with Prime Rib. Here is the Link:[p]By the way, what is an Extra Large Egg??[p]Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

[ul][li]Horseradish Sauce for Prime Rib[/ul]
  • Huck
    Huck Posts: 110
    Options
    RedRocker91,
    I just did two of them this week (yes, they're THAT good!!!) I powdered it with garlic powder, a little salt, and course black pepper. I seared it outside (TONS of smoke!) on a cast iron pan. I put it in the smoker on a rack in a pan with a Corona in it on top of a pizza stone at 350 degrees until 136 degrees. I pulled it and let it rest for ten minutes or so before serving. IT IS THE BEST PRIME RIB THAT WE'VE EVER HAD!!! Let us know how YOURS turned out :)