Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

10 days to the 14th annual Peoria IL Eggfest

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
Saturday, June 4th rain or shine will be another fun fest at Hearth & Patio, 8304 N University, Peoria, IL. As always there is no charge to attend and tasters are always welcome! Cookers need to register so an egg will be available to use. These eggs carry a 10% discount and come with eggcessories. If you want to buy an egg at this savings and one that still carries the full factory warranty, then here's your chance in Central Illinois! BTW even if you are a newbie several of us will gladly let you pick your brand new egg, make the deposit and we will help you learn the way of the egg!

The event runs from 8 to 3 and even though the public doesn't start rolling in much before 11 it really gets busy with foods available then. OTOH for early arrivals there are always some breakfast items we cookers have to share with each other and anyone else. So stop by early, leave to go shopping and come back if you wish. Hope to see old friends and newbies as well! 
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• deebie47
    deebie47 Posts: 2
    Options
    Truly a super event!  Lots of great food and plenty of free knowledge to share.  Everybody that can should try to stop by.
  • RRP
    Options
    deebie47 said:
    Truly a super event!  Lots of great food and plenty of free knowledge to share.  Everybody that can should try to stop by.
    Thanks, buddy! I wish you would be here, but a trip back from FL would cost more than all the food that all of us would be serving that day!
  • RRP
    Options
    BTW here is a link to their web site and furthermore if you want to check out the prices/or want to be a cooker that day here is that link.
    http://hearthandpatio.net/events/eggfest/
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Ron, never mind  ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    Ron, never mind  ;)
    Come on, Scottie...with all your under water tubing welding, inspecting and pig inspecting you know you can afford a private jet to PIA. Grab nola on the way along with hundreds of pounds of those crawfish (that we call bait) and get up here! 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    SGH said:
    Ron, never mind  ;)
    Come on, Scottie...with all your under water tubing welding, inspecting and pig inspecting you know you can afford a private jet to PIA. Grab nola on the way along with hundreds of pounds of those crawfish (that we call bait) and get up here! 
    I wish I could Ron. I have a good friend who lives in Venedy (hope I spelled that right) who I haven't seen in a few years. Would love to come up and see him. It would be a honor and a privledge to meet you as well. Maybe one day brother.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    I swear this eggfest is always on a date that I can't get out of.  My wife is in a wedding in Champaign that day.  Ugh.  Maybe next year.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Your wife is in the wedding and thus occupied. Lets be honest, when our wives are tied up like that we are more like 5th wheels, so it is much better to extricate yourself from the situation and go find something to do
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Jstroke
    Options
    RRP , what is the usual crowd at this fest. small, big?
  • RRP
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    RRP , what is the usual crowd at this fest. small, big?
    Well compared to those fests where people are dropping hundreds of dollars to cook then it is definitely on the small size! Typically there are about 12 to 15 eggs fired up and the most ever was like 23 or 24. Crowd wise maybe 200 to 225. Thing is at 14 years this actually is one off the oldest continuously running eggfests in the country! Because of that fact it used to draw folks from Chicago and St Louis. Now that other fests have sprung up then there are more to select from. Oh another point is the dealer only advertises the event to their customer base. To my knowledge they are not on this forum, so I just take it upon myself to spread the word.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Are you cooking Ron?  What's on the menu?
    Flint, Michigan
  • RRP
    Options
    Are you cooking Ron?  What's on the menu?
    Sure am! In fact I'm the only person to have cooked at every one of them!
    What am I egging?
    >Breakfast casserole - with bread bites, eggs, cheese and sausage
    >Porky Pops - a ground pork, but not sausage meat ball with cheese, served with a pretezl stick for a handle and covered in BBQ sauce
    >Pig Candy 
    >Georgia Red Wings - always seems to be a favorite
    >Chili 
    >2 of my triple chocolate cakes
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You are going to be very busy!  It all sounds delicious!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Sounds like a good time. Not all things are better when they are bigger
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    "Ron, with you're money..."
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @Focker - you are on a roll today.  I'm sure you would complete that thought with ... "I would buy a http://www.kbq.us" .  Of course, it sounds like you are already there.  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Ron:

We made the trip to the Peoria EggFest a few years ago and had a fun day...wish we could make it again, but a little too far from Florida (plus we are coming to Illinois in July to see family...no, couldn't set it up for this time period, but I will be judging at the EffingHAM-JAM while we are in Illinois).

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• RRP
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning Ron:

We made the trip to the Peoria EggFest a few years ago and had a fun day...wish we could make it again, but a little too far from Florida (plus we are coming to Illinois in July to see family...no, couldn't set it up for this time period, but I will be judging at the EffingHAM-JAM while we are in Illinois).
    Jay, 
    It seems like I took this picture just "yesterday"! And I still remember how delicious your offerings were!