Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Annual Mckinney Eggfest Canceled

Options
Eggingaround
Eggingaround Posts: 357
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
The City of McKinney has canceled the McKinney Eggfest and Bike The Bricks on Friday May 27th due to inclement weather. Pretty bummed out about it. To all those who purchased a demo Egg, great deal on a new, never cooked on Egg. The dealer said she will try for a fall event.
Mckinney, TX
LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
Mini Max

Comments

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Inclement weather in Texas better have a funnel shaped cloud. Lots of people egg in the rain. These folks must not be eggers
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    Bummer, a friend of mine had reserved a demo egg.
    Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    They ran the race last year in the rain. I Egg in the rain, ice, whatever. @Navymom Your friend will get his Egg, he just needs to call the dealer to set up a time to pick it up. I'm picking up 2 tomorrow for neighbors that bought demo Eggs. 
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • Navymom
    Navymom Posts: 167
    Options
    They ran the race last year in the rain. I Egg in the rain, ice, whatever. @Navymom Your friend will get his Egg, he just needs to call the dealer to set up a time to pick it up. I'm picking up 2 tomorrow for neighbors that bought demo Eggs. 
    Not worried about him getting his egg. Was looking forward to a local eggfest. If they do a fall date I might be able to cook.

Wear maroon, live maroon, bleed maroon.
    Fightin' Texas Aggies Fly Navy.
    Denton TX
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Could not make this event because of work. If fall fest materializes will try for that as long as it doesnt conflict with Jefferson.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options
    I was going to cook in the event. I am glad I read and waited, I was going to get supplies during my lunch hour. I was not notified by the event coordinator of this change.
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Thecoiman said:
    I was going to cook in the event. I am glad I read and waited, I was going to get supplies during my lunch hour. I was not notified by the event coordinator of this change.
    Really poor of them not to contact the cooks...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    The dealer emailed around 1:30 yesterday. Check your junk folder maybe it is in there. 
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Hell, an XL could serve as shelter if a little wind kicked up. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    A fall fest in TX????  You won't get much of a draw with high school football going on!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Yes I was notified also. It is the city of McKinney calling the shots on all the events surrounding the Bike on Bricks Event. I know the BGE Dealer was trying very hard to make this happen but the City of McKinney shut down all of the outdoor events do to the inclement weather forecast for large hail, damaging winds and severe thunder storms. I don't mind Egging in the rain but not with the amount of lighting strikes we have had this Spring in my neck of the woods.
     I will be cooking in the fall event!!!

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    I know what your saying @THEBuckeye. They canceled an event last year 2 days in advance and the weather was perfect that day. They don't understand the power of the Egg, lol
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Options
    @eggingaround, Nope not in junk mail. No biggy, just glad I found out otherwise I would have shown up. Sorry to hear this did not happen. Hoping to get local eggfest back, since we lost the Plano eggfest.
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    On a positive note, I helped 3 friends purchase their first Eggs. One is already doing a brisket. 
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • frognot
    frognot Posts: 103
    Options
    Sorry to hear that this was cancelled since real close to me. Had a li'l surgery last Wednesday so couldn't have attended anyway; was just looking forward to pics from Hotch and friends.
    Allen, Texas          LBGE, Orange Thermapen (fastest and easiest to find)