Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My XL Table Build - Final Reveal

Options

Comments

• yljkt
    yljkt Posts: 799
    Options
    I have a friend with a Challenger table that's pretty nice. What you built makes what he bought look like junk. Amazing job.  
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Yeah, I mean, that looks okay or even decent if you are into, like, really kick ass awesome stuff.

lol, nice work!
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Wow..wow..wow!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Speechless 
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Very nice table indeed!  I like it...very clean and elegant looking.  Enjoy your new table.
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    OK for your first build...now let's see what you can really do.
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • thebbb
    thebbb Posts: 67
    Options
    Oh, and I forgot to add...AWESOME
    Lbge and MiniMax  in Southern Manitoba
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Awesome !!!  I envy you brother !!!!   I want one so bad, but do not have the resources right now to build one. Great job !!  Beautiful and practical !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Wow!! That is one beautiful table.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I put in a lot of work and I hope it shows. So far from the comments I am glad everyone is loving it! I still have a few additions to add to it but that will come with time.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    1move said:
    Thanks everyone, I put in a lot of work and I hope it shows. So far from the comments I am glad everyone is loving it! I still have a few additions to add to it but that will come with time.
    Do you have your Egg in it yet? I'd like to see a picture of it in action.
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • 1move
    Options
    matoch said:
    1move said:
    @matoch sadly, I do not. Just been so busy and it's my birthday today! I also didn't want to bring the table out as it snowed last week and the forecast still shows lots of rain coming up. I have to take the old base from the XL and replace it and also replace the gasket on the lid. I have been just waiting for a nice day when I can get some help to move it all around as the table weighs a ton.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • matoch
    matoch Posts: 135
    Options
    1move said:
    matoch said:
    1move said:
    @matoch sadly, I do not. Just been so busy and it's my birthday today! I also didn't want to bring the table out as it snowed last week and the forecast still shows lots of rain coming up. I have to take the old base from the XL and replace it and also replace the gasket on the lid. I have been just waiting for a nice day when I can get some help to move it all around as the table weighs a ton.
    Well. Happy Birthday then. I will patiently wait for the weather and life to cooperate =)
    Edmonton, Alberta - XL & Minimax
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I'm super jelly!
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • drd24au
    drd24au Posts: 15
    Options
    Awesome table!
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    That thing is WAAY NICE !! :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • 1move
    Options
    And here is the egg finally in the table!!! Got the new base in and just finished putting on the new gasket for the top dome. I was very worried that the hinge would not clear as everything was hypothetical and calculated on a piece of paper, seems like I knew what I was doing as there is a hair less than a 1/4" of clearance which is pretty much on point and how I calculated it to be.

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Don't know how I missed this earlier, but wow, that is awesome.
    Stillwater, MN
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Beautiful.  You are really talented.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    I love that table !!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Man that is an Awesome table and looks like it fits well in your back yard.  Well done, sir.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Wardster
    Wardster Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Pimpin aint easy....
    Apollo Beach, FL
  • PSC
    PSC Posts: 148
    Options
    AWESOME!!!

I'm in the process of building an outdoor kitchen, masonry.

Could you please share with us the diameter of the circular cut, the height of the table and the height to the top of the egg base?

THANKS!!!
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    Toxarch said:
    Looks great. Only thing I would change would be to do drawers instead of cabinets. Or drawer bottoms in the cabinets. It's a lot easier to get to the back of a drawer than the back of a cabinet.
    Pretty easy to add slide out racks tho if wanted/needed later on. I've used these before: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SOYK8G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Where is the MM?   It looks great.  Nice work
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • 1move
    Options
    PSC said:
    AWESOME!!!

I'm in the process of building an outdoor kitchen, masonry.

Could you please share with us the diameter of the circular cut, the height of the table and the height to the top of the egg base?

THANKS!!!
    You can just follow the BGE plans, as mine is made to fit me and I am not sure how others would like it so I prefer not giving out dimensions so I don't get blamed later on. I will give you a couple of tips though. 

The counter height can be measured in your kitchen :) I raised mine a few inches to fit me. 

The hole size you can find on big green eggs website/ table plans.

XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • 1move
    Options

kl8ton said:
    Where is the MM?   It looks great.  Nice work
    @kl8ton too scared to leave it out as it might grow legs. It sits in the garage until I need to use it.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • dhulz
    dhulz Posts: 5
    Options
    Could you post a few pic's of the drawers open ? id like to see what you used for a hinge. Also is the nest high enough for the heat the egg generates ? looks great without a stone underneath. I work in a fab shop and am looking at building a very similar table. Defensively the best ive seen. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Beautiful job. Very nice!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • 1move
    Options
    Beautiful job. Very nice!
    Thank you sir, means a lot coming from you. Thanks for the likes and love thus far. Love reading your comments it means a lot guys.
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ