Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Storage Cabinet

Options
demo
demo Posts: 163
I am looking for a storage cabinet to put on my porch to store all my eggcessories.  Plate setter, pans, racks, ect.
Looking for something 5-6 feet tall with shelves.  I live in a humid climate and would like something weather resistant, but if it is cheap enough, I could change it out every 3-5 yrs.  Any thoughts?

Comments

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    All the big box home improvement centers carry what you describe.  I have gone the same route.  I think this is one of HD's house brands of plastic cabinets.  Price was reasonable.  Quite humid here in south FL. I have had this for several months now. Think it will last for a while, but not permanent.  I would reconsider the color if buying again.  The light color shows every charcoal fingerprint.

Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    That as above or even the deck boxes that could double as seating for some not so gastrominaclly endowed individuals......

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• demo
    demo Posts: 163
    Options
    Where did you buy this?

• nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    I'm following along.  I too want something for the exact same reason.  Since I have the XLBGE I need something with shelves that are at least 24"x24". Been to SAMs & Lowes & local hardware store to no avail. Storing everything in my garage on the workbench is a PIA.  About ready to build something with a shingled roof.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616
    Options
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • HoustonEgger
    edited May 2016
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    I'm following along.  I too want something for the exact same reason.  Since I have the XLBGE I need something with shelves that are at least 24"x24". Been to SAMs & Lowes & local hardware store to no avail. Storing everything in my garage on the workbench is a PIA.  About ready to build something with a shingled roof.
    This one from Sams is 24" deep and 48" wide (larger then the first one I posted)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,113
    Options
    I wouldnt worry about the UV I have had a Deck Box outside for >6 years and it shows no signs of wear.

Ours isnt lucky enough to get used for BBQ parts its full of kids sh%t that never gets used

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    So far the only thing that has killed my deck boxes (southern exposure in Atlanta) is a hail storm that cost me a roof and 2 cars because of the damage to them!  And simply ordering a new lid is all it took to repair the deck box.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• nhk19
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    This one from Sams is 24" deep and 48" wide (larger then the first one I posted)
    Thanks!!!  I did see that at SAMs and may buy it for in my garage to store my egg stuff.  But, still holding out on finding something that would look good on the deck close to the egg.  My wife saw it and said its not going on the deck as it would look like crap.  Our home is cedar sided.  Looks like a log home.  Thanks again!  I may end up with that.
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Yesterday I purchased a Rubbermaid large vertical resin cabinet at Menards for $199. Sale ends today.  It is deep enough to hold my XL accessories and is tall enough I won't bump my head if I duck just a little. Not a rebate deal either, I hate when they get to use my money for 6-8 weeks and also pay tax on the extra purchase price.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    nhk19 said:
    Thanks!!!  I did see that at SAMs and may buy it for in my garage to store my egg stuff.  But, still holding out on finding something that would look good on the deck close to the egg.  My wife saw it and said its not going on the deck as it would look like crap.  Our home is cedar sided.  Looks like a log home.  Thanks again!  I may end up with that.

Try this one from Costco - would match a cedar shingle nicely (but more expensive!)

• nhk19
    Options
    nhk19 said:
    nhk19 said:

Try this one from Costco - would match a cedar shingle nicely (but more expensive!)
    OMG....that's PERFECT!  Exactly what I had in mind. I owe you a beer!  Thanks!!!!
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA