Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Space City Eggfest - The Movie

Options
As a few have already posted, the Space City Eggfest last Saturday was fantastic.  But sometimes even “Fantastic” doesn’t truly tell the story of how much fun we had.  So we fill in with photos.

But photos by themselves sometimes get a little boring if there’s no music.  That’s where I come in.  I collect as many photos as possible (taken by myself or others), edit them and put them in order, and add some appropriate music.

In this instance, I selected something many of you, no matter your taste in music, might recognize. It was composed by Johann Strauss II, in 1866.

You might also recognize it as the main title theme from Stanley Kubrick’s classic movie, “2001 – A Space Odyssey.”  

I selected it because it is not only beautiful to listen to, but the movie influenced the idea of space travel so much that the public actually began to think perhaps space travel is a possibility.  

And NASA became a permanent fixture in our lives, especially here in Space City Houston.

It just seemed to be the right music for the Space City Eggfest.

I hope you enjoy the video.

Spring "Spaced Out" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Great pics, Leroy. But this makes me realize how much of the good eats I missed!

This fest was a lot of fun. Anytime you start the day off with one of Frank's Bloody Mary concoctions, you know its a good day. Weather cooperated for the whole day, so that was definitely a win. And the Ace team REALLY pampered us cooks.

This was also my dad's first eggfest, and he had a blast. @20stone and him were cranking  out the kathi rolls and bulgogi plates,  while I was being obnoxious with the air horn (yes, I'll skip that next time) .

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    Our day started at 0430 and ended at 20:00, long day. Great images and video. I missed most of the food. I could hear the air horn from the far west end and told my wife who was it was making loud noises.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Leroy, I'll wager you have never attended an eggfest that you didn't consider fantastic. LOL, you KNOW it is true!

Those wangs at 5:32 looked GREAT!! Would love to know who did them and how!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Baine
    Baine Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Great food made by some great folks. Cannot wait to see you all again.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Baine said:
    Thanks for sharing! Great food made by some great folks. Cannot wait to see you all again.
    So enjoyed meeting you guys.   Your enthusiasm is contagious and the food you fixed was so goooddddddd. Hope to see you at more fests in the future. 
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • SmokinTiger81
    SmokinTiger81 Posts: 746
    Options
    Leroy, as always, thanks for sharing.  Nice to see the fests and folks around the country.  Hope you put Hiawassee back on your schedule for next year--I think they had over 2,000 folks come this year.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    Options
    That was almost like being there, Leroy! Thanks for sharing and once again documenting the eggiest! First one, huh/ Looks like Troy & Company had some talented people given them advice on how to hold a smashing success!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    it was a fantastic eggiest.  
    @caliking that was your on the air horn...who knew.  Your dad is a hoot.  He came down to our tent several times.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • DominicMagestic
    DominicMagestic Posts: 110
    edited May 2016
    Options
    It was outstanding especially considering it was their first fest.  Troy had attended a few fests and solicited feedback to ensure fest success.  The fest was as good as Leroy's movie - and that is saying a mouthful :)
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself - Mark Twain
    aka Frank from Houma eggin in Corpus Christi
    Geaux Tigers - Who Dat
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Very nice!  Looks like an amazing time!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • caliking
    Options
    @caliking that was your on the air horn...who knew.  Your dad is a hoot.  He came down to our tent several times.  
    He passed on Salado and Athens, but curiosity finally got the better of him, and he came for this one. He had an awesome day with everyone. And he's been critiquing my cooking and presentation ever since!

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Options
    caliking said:
    He passed on Salado and Athens, but curiosity finally got the better of him, and he came for this one. He had an awesome day with everyone. And he's been critiquing my cooking and presentation ever since!
    I spent most of the day plating with him, and he was a blast.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    caliking said:
    @caliking Your Dad is great. He came over a few times and took samples back to you guys. Or that's what he said he was doing!
    So how does he like riding around in you new full sized Pickup!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Looks like I missed one of the best to date.....saw the posts prior to the fest just no wiggle room to work it out. The layout looked great and I know the cooks were....
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Gunnar 

By chance, are you the same Gunnar who used to attend the Texas Eggfest years ago and also came to the Coop Party in Spring? 

• brat_man
    brat_man Posts: 6
    Options
    wow, looks like a party!! gotta love a good Eggfest!
    Large Egg 
    Certified EGGspert

Fargo, ND 

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    That would be me.....couple of years ago (or more) seemed like the forums were in a wee bit of a mess. I've been back here for a couple of weeks....seen a few old names and lots of new ones...appears to be a lot less bickering and more comradery....looking forward to being involved again.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • caliking
    Options
    Hotch said:
    caliking said:
    @caliking Your Dad is great. He came over a few times and took samples back to you guys. Or that's what he said he was doing!
    So how does he like riding around in you new full sized Pickup!
    I'll have to ask him about that, because I don't recall being on the receiving end of that many bites from your tent! They may have been "lost in transit". Take it as a compliment though, because he gets super picky about food sometimes. 

He gets a big kick out of tooling around in the truck. Like when he found a grandfather clock at an estate sale, and didn't have to think twice about loading up and driving home with it. 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Man you guys look like you were organized and it was calm and collected. We looked like a bunch of gypsies at the Columbus fest. I didn't look up for 3 hours from the egg. Next year I'm bringing one of those sippy hats with a tube.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.