Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Austin local wagyu beef supplier

Comments

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    People buying each other briskets.... this has got to be the greatest forum ever...
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    blind99 said:
    People buying each other briskets.... this has got to be the greatest forum ever...
    On a very serious note, not only is brother Tex a Brisket God, but he is a great person to boot. One of the best. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    @sgh no doubt, brother, it's always nice to see people helping each other out
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    SGH said:
    Brother Tex, I would like to point out that if I had Rons money I would buy everyone on the forum two of those briskets =) Sorry @RRP but I could not resist ;)

whatever...Scottie...whatever... BTW what happened to those promised pig pictures?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker better call me if there's a field trip!

• SGH
    RRP said:
    whatever...Scottie...whatever... BTW what happened to those promised pig pictures?
    You know I'm just messing with you Ron. Can't help myself my friend. Pigging has been delayed for a few days due to Deep Gulf Energys pipe being roller boxed on line #1. Once they are complete we will start shooting pigs. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• It's getting thick in here...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH said:
    RRP said:
    You know I'm just messing with you Ron. Can't help myself my friend. Pigging has been delayed for a few days due to Deep Gulf Energys pipe being roller boxed on line #1. Once they are complete we will start shooting pigs. 
    So your are using that old excuse again?

Little Rock, AR

• Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    @SGH...please post pics of that 32 lb brisket before and after smoking please.  That will have to be a sight to see.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited May 2016
    Send two to scotty and I'll split the costs and pick it up at his house!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Check out their site. Filthy. Dude has a great story too. Was an Army Ranger Sgt. And did hundreds of missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Awarded a Purple Heart. Used his GI bill to go to UT and study biology and learned to raise cattle. Great dude. He invited me out to the ranch. Maybe we will do an egghead day out there. He does a lot of work with wounded vets. Maybe we could haul a few eggs out there and cook for the guys when he has them out. 
    I'll bring the Grocery Cart out for something like that and we can cook as much as you want!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Please count us in if there is a field trip in Austin.  Also, we'd be more than honored to haul some Eggs out to his ranch to cook for the veterans.  Please keep us posted.
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    I would be interested in any parts the Driskill doesn't take, though I need to eat through our current stash before taking delivery.

As for the event at their place, count us in. 
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Send two to scotty and I'll split the costs and pick it up at his house!
    If you are serious I will ask him if he has 2. I'm working with him to arrange pick up right now.

• Check out their site. Filthy. Dude has a great story too. Was an Army Ranger Sgt. And did hundreds of missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Awarded a Purple Heart. Used his GI bill to go to UT and study biology and learned to raise cattle. Great dude. He invited me out to the ranch. Maybe we will do an egghead day out there. He does a lot of work with wounded vets. Maybe we could haul a few eggs out there and cook for the guys when he has them out. 
    I'll bring the Grocery Cart out for something like that and we can cook as much as you want!
    That would be awesome. Stay tuned. I'll try to put something together with him.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    If they have a general price list can you you ping me on the side?
    Hope you have recovered from Space City Eggfest...Your group sure put out some outstanding samples.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Thatgrimguy
    Send two to scotty and I'll split the costs and pick it up at his house!
    If you are serious I will ask him if he has 2. I'm working with him to arrange pick up right now.

Definitely serious
  • OK- I just talked to him. I'm headed over there now to grab them. He has 2 so I'll send them both to Scottie tonight. I have a Snake River cold box and I'll get some dry ice to throw in there.
  • Photo Egg said:
    Hope you have recovered from Space City Eggfest...Your group sure put out some outstanding samples.
    They don't ship right now so it's all local pick up. He says most of the big cuts are $10 per lb and individual steaks are about $20 for 8-10 oz cuts. The big cuts are pretty cheap but that's pretty steep for the steaks. Considering he only has sirloin, flank, skirt, and hangar for the most part. He sells all his loins to the Driskill Hotel so there are very rarely any ribeyes or strips. I'll talk to him when I go out there today and see if I can get any more information. For now, it's a local pick up deal or I can ship them to you if you really want to try something.

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Check out their site. Filthy. Dude has a great story too. Was an Army Ranger Sgt. And did hundreds of missions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Awarded a Purple Heart. Used his GI bill to go to UT and study biology and learned to raise cattle. Great dude. He invited me out to the ranch. Maybe we will do an egghead day out there. He does a lot of work with wounded vets. Maybe we could haul a few eggs out there and cook for the guys when he has them out. 
    I am based out of California, so I wouldn't be able to personally attend, I must say as a veteran myself that would be awesome. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg said:
    They don't ship right now so it's all local pick up. He says most of the big cuts are $10 per lb and individual steaks are about $20 for 8-10 oz cuts. The big cuts are pretty cheap but that's pretty steep for the steaks. Considering he only has sirloin, flank, skirt, and hangar for the most part. He sells all his loins to the Driskill Hotel so there are very rarely any ribeyes or strips. I'll talk to him when I go out there today and see if I can get any more information. For now, it's a local pick up deal or I can ship them to you if you really want to try something.
    Thank you. Just wanting an idea on price to compare to the other high end company we talk about on here. 
    Yea, the larger cuts are priced well. Does not surprise me that his smaller cuts are big bucks as I'm sure he can get primo prices at the Austin farmers market.
    I will try and line up some stuff for my next run in the Austin Area.
    Thanks again...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg said:
    Photo Egg said:
    Thank you. Just wanting an idea on price to compare to the other high end company we talk about on here. 
    Yea, the larger cuts are priced well. Does not surprise me that his smaller cuts are big bucks as I'm sure he can get primo prices at the Austin farmers market.
    I will try and line up some stuff for my next run in the Austin Area.
    Thanks again...
    I just bought a gold strip loin from that other place for $25 per lb. It was 50% off though so it was a smoking deal. best steaks I have ever had by a long shot. Wish I bought more. If that deal ever pops up again, I highly recommend jumping on it. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Count us in for that cook if it come about.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SGH
    Standing by with money in hand brother Tex. Really looking forward to trying these briskets.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:
    Standing by with money in hand brother Tex. Really looking forward to trying these briskets.
    In my way over there now. I'll send pics of your babies. 
  • SGH

Mailing address is:

Scottie G. Horton

18352 Diamond Road

Saucier, MS. 39574.

Phone #228-627-5400.

Again, thanks brother Tex. I really appreciate this.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH said:

Mailing address is:

Scottie G. Horton

18352 Diamond Road

Saucier, MS. 39574.

Phone #228-627-5400.

Again, thanks brother Tex. I really appreciate this.

any time my friend. I'm excited to hear what you think of them. I'm giving you guys both the briskets he has and I'll grab some next time they are available.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    I think its time for.... AUSTIN MEAT RUN!!

This may be an excuse to buy another freezer. Then sneak in that rice cooker, while SWMBO is still pissed about the new freezer. 

I like how this forum makes me think.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    caliking said:
    I think its time for.... AUSTIN MEAT RUN!!

This may be an excuse to buy another freezer. Then sneak in that rice cooker, while SWMBO is still pissed about the new freezer. 

I like how this forum makes me think.
    Your my hero...but I think your wife could take you out.lol
    Be careful buddy
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas