Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New here. New XL egg. From SAV,GA

Options
Hello 

I been browsing on the site for about a month. Deciding what size? Build a table or buy. Debating if I even need a egg. 

So I went into a local dealer in my area that who has all grill and smokers. The thing I want to know about was the egg. So I then he was trying to sell me on packages he had on L and XL. I listen and as I always do with large purchases talk it over with the wife. Tried talking me self out of it. Never the less last Thursday I when back to dealer said give me the XL with the cypress table. Not as handy as some of you guy on the forum. So of the table you build are very nice. So $1600 after taxes for table, XL egg, coal, ash tool and plate thing( for indirect). 

Well I find myself on the site lookin for stain and seals for the table. Tip on building egg. And pretty what I need to do and don't do. 

So I minwax helmsman spar urethane semi
gloss 4 coats. Had to go back to dealer because didn't know if I put my egg together correctly. So he followed me home. Help me put it together. Now waiting on the 6 day of rain to stop to fire of my egg. 

Sorry so long but I am from and live in Savannah, Ga. Just a normal guy loving cooking outside. So tip recipes and recommendations please let me know. 

Also I scary to move my table and egg from the garage to the back yard.The table has wheel just my yard and hill and bad stop. Any suggestions is

Comments