Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

YETI VS. RTCI Cups

Options
I've had my Yeti's for some time. I decided to buy more for the camper. I have complaints from my Yeti's. 
The RTCI has a slight advantage in the cup top where the liquid comes out. Due to the shape of the hole, it comes out
smoother. That along with 1/2 the price, it's a no brainier. RTCI wins for me

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    FWIW the cups at Sam's club look pretty good too.  They are 2 for $20. 

P.S. it is RTIC I think it is meant to be pronounced R-tic (the way a redneck such as myself would pronounce "Arctic"). 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    To me, it's all about price. I can still remember the first time I dropped my (then) $50 dollar Yeti - OUCH!

Dropping a $19 dollar RTIC doesn't hurt so bad and if you can get Sam's version @ $10 a shot, that's the hot ticket!
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • noarmysargent
    Options
    Haha!  I blew that one. RTIC is correct. My bad
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Recently bought the wife a Yeti. She really likes it. Will be getting an RTIC for myself soon. Wish we has a Sams Club local.
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    I've had two Yeti cups for a long time. I use them every single day. I just bought two made by Ozark Trail at Walmart for $9.74 each. They are the same exact cup except for the logo and so far they perform just as good as the Yeti's.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I love my Yeti's. Had an issue with my 30 and got a new one in the mail days later. Don't really care if they cost more I know the company is going to stand behind them.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    I have a Yeti that I do not regret purchasing for one second because it's such a great product. I also just purchased two RTICs tumblers, one as a gift, and though I haven't done any apples to apples testing they seem to be indistinguishable based on performance thus far. Having a lid that closes is also a nice upgrade, though I haven't personally much need for it.
    Stillwater, MN
  • Lo_Gear
    Lo_Gear Posts: 108
    Options
    I recently bought the 2 pack at sams, they perform side by side with my yeti. The ones at Sam's have a closable lid tho
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Lit said:
    I love my Yeti's. Had an issue with my 30 and got a new one in the mail days later. Don't really care if they cost more I know the company is going to stand behind them.
    I agree 100%, but a drop or "my Yeti cup walked off" is not coveted.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Poor horse
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Do RTIC tumblers come with straws or do you have to buy one? Ernie wanted a straw so I had to purchase that separately.  I am well aware that she could have used a regular, stolen from Jack in the Box straw but she wanted a nicer straw...
  • rockymountaineggster
    Options
    I bought the wife a 30 Oz RTIC and it did not come with a straw.
    Parker, Colorado
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have had a Yeti 30oz for almost a year now. Since I purchased it, it's the only cup that I have used since. It has spent countless hours on my tractor, on tug boats, ships, barges and pipelines. It has exceeded all expectations thus far. For the record, I'm by no means promoting Yeti. Quite the contrary. I'm simply stating the facts. The Yeti 30oz has been a outstanding cup so I feel obliged to give credit where credit is due. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• clifkincaid
    clifkincaid Posts: 572
    Options
    Both my RTIC tumbler lids leak when drinking from them. Have since new. Anyone else have this problem? We just use straws through the mouth hole now. 
  • BrookieP
    BrookieP Posts: 135
    Options
    I have 3 Yetis and 2 RTICs. I use them for coffee every morning. For the most part they are very similar... Except on days when I forget about my coffee. At noon the Yeti will still have warm drinkable coffee and the RTICs have almost room temperature coffee.
    XL BGE & 36" Blackstone
    Instagram: BGEBrooke
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    I have a yeti 30 and so far has been great. Keeps cold just fine. 
    NW IOWA
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    If there was an rtic at the store at the time I would of got that before the yeti. Same thing but half the price. Oh well. 
    NW IOWA
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    Both my RTIC tumbler lids leak when drinking from them. Have since new. Anyone else have this problem? We just use straws through the mouth hole now. 
    I've not had that issue with my RTIC 30 ounce tumbler (or Yeti for that matter). I don't care if it was half the price of a Yeti, I would give them a call because the seal should not leak. At the very least they should send you a couple replacement lids. If not, I guess that might help explain why they're half the cost of a Yeti.
    Stillwater, MN