Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burnt End Method/Recipe...

Options
I've cooked about 25 briskets but have never made burnt ends with the point.  If anyone has some good methods/recipes please share.

Comments

• Boileregger
    Boileregger Posts: 614
    Options
    Pretty simple...remove the point and sprinkle some rub over the newly exposed meat that was over the flat.  Throw it back on the egg till you've got some bark there, a few hours.  Take it off the egg, cube it up then throw the cubes in a foil pan and cover with your favorite BBQ sauce.  Put the pan back in the egg until the sauce soaks into the burnt ends and it gets nice and thick.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    Yep, exactly what @Boileregger said. I cook the whole packer till it's done, then cube the point, reseason and sauce. then back on the smoker for a few hours. 
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Reach out to SGH. I think he injects his with butter, but that might be pork.
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Reach out to SGH. I think he injects his with butter, but that might be pork.
    Yep, that was pork.
    NOLA
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I couldn't remember. It sounded off the hook
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.