Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

whole chicken....any ideas?

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 5:59PM in EggHead Forum
planning on making a whole chicken .... my plan where cooking it indirect at 350 laying down on the roast/rib rack! season it a bit the just slap it on the grill.any other ideas would like to try something new....

Comments

• Elder WardElder Ward Posts: 330
    mikeb6109,
    Just coat it with olive oil lightly and use more salt on top of oil. It will crisp right up.
    EW

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    mikeb6109,
    Have you considered spatchcock chicken? See the link:
    TNW

[ul][li]Spatchcock chicken[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    thanks a million never heard of spatchcock chicken looks easy and good.gonna try that one next time for sure had alredy started my chicken so i bookmarked the link!!
    102_0941-1.jpg
    <p />mikeb6109,
    so this is what i went with.....preped it with club house rub and then added club house seasonning,added beer in the drip pan below!hope it turns out great,will post my results later!!

102_0943.jpg
    <p />mikeb6109,
    after prep!!

102_0944.jpg
    <p />mikeb6109,
    here are the results!!!! it was a very juicy and tastefull little chicken

• JimEJimE Posts: 158
    mikeb6109,[p]What is the chicken coated with?[p]Jim