Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

whole chicken....any ideas?

mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited 1:23AM in EggHead Forum
planning on making a whole chicken .... my plan where cooking it indirect at 350 laying down on the roast/rib rack! season it a bit the just slap it on the grill.any other ideas would like to try something new....

• Elder WardElder Ward Posts: 330
    Just coat it with olive oil lightly and use more salt on top of oil. It will crisp right up.

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    Have you considered spatchcock chicken? See the link:

[ul][li]Spatchcock chicken[/ul]
    The Naked Whiz
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    thanks a million never heard of spatchcock chicken looks easy and good.gonna try that one next time for sure had alredy started my chicken so i bookmarked the link!!
    <p />mikeb6109,
    so this is what i went with.....preped it with club house rub and then added club house seasonning,added beer in the drip pan below!hope it turns out great,will post my results later!!

<p />mikeb6109,
    after prep!!

<p />mikeb6109,
    here are the results!!!! it was a very juicy and tastefull little chicken

• JimEJimE Posts: 158
    mikeb6109,[p]What is the chicken coated with?[p]Jim