Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Georgia Mountain Eggfest Photos

Options
2»

Comments

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Wish we could have made it this year. I think we have been to 3 or 4 so far. This year we elected to stay in the Great State of Texas and cook at the first annual Space City Eggfest in Spring Tx. Just down the road from the famous Chicken Ranch.
    I think the N Georgia Moutain Eggfest is one of the best Eggfest venues we have been to. John does a great job.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Just got home about a 2 hrs ago. Wishing we were still in there. Good times
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Just got home about a 2 hrs ago. Wishing we were still in there. Good times
    Glad y'all finished your busy weekend safely home brother!  Enjoyed sharing the beer!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Blake, glad to hear you are home. Good to see you again. And thanks to Brent and Nicole for all the help Sandy and I would never have pulled it off by ourselves. Those two are lifesavers!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    piney said:
    Blake, glad to hear you are home. Good to see you again. And thanks to Brent and Nicole for all the help Sandy and I would never have pulled it off by ourselves. Those two are lifesavers!
    Great seeing our fellow butt blasters, @Jupiter Jim and Kay included!  Amazing food all day long!  Hope to see y'all in Hiawassee next year.
  • billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    Staygold said:
    Sorry I missed it today, I was in Savannah taking care of a family emergency. My sweet wife agreed to go pick up my demo egg for me. Anyone cook on #76?
    Yes, we gave old #76 a good workout. She is a good egg and we enjoyed her company.
  • Possumtrot
    Possumtrot Posts: 245
    Options
    @billybon  Made fantastic Gator and even better Thai sausages.  My favorite.
    Near Music City in the Boro
    LBGE, Joe,Jr
    Free is better than cheap
    If it's worth telling, it's worth exaggerating

• billybon
    billybon Posts: 213
    Options
    @billybon  Made fantastic Gator and even better Thai sausages.  My favorite.
    Thank you so much.
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    Options
    Wow! What a weekend! :triumph:

I got home late last night and will go through the photos on my camera today.  I hope to have a recap of the weekend posted this week on my blog.  Until then, here are a few fun moments captured on my phone . . . 

I loved seeing old friends and finally getting to meet some of you face to face.  Thank you to everyone who cooked and for the countless laughs and great hugs!  

I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    @piney Piney rocking the NCBB T-shirt! Way to represent my man!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @piney Piney rocking the NCBB T-shirt! Way to represent my man!....

....and his wife taking time out from working in order to pose for a picture. Hardest working lady I ever seen. Made @bgebrent look like he was sitting down the entire time (NCBB).
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options

Ok, since no one else has asked, what in the heck is that thing?  Never seen such a contraption for the egg.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• YukonRon
    Options

Ok, since no one else has asked, what in the heck is that thing?  Never seen such a contraption for the egg.
    OCD pizza on the BGE. Amiright?  Pretty freakin' cool.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    There was a thread a week or so ago about this thing. Maybe I can find it
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    Looks like another accessory for a problem that doesn't exist. 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options

It's called Pizza Porto. Porto is Italian for door, Pizza Door.  I've had pizza off this a couple of times. Pretty awesome! 
  • bgebrent
    Options
    YukonRon said:

....and his wife taking time out from working in order to pose for a picture. Hardest working lady I ever seen. Made @bgebrent look like he was sitting down the entire time (NCBB).
    Sandy busted her bum at this fest for sure!  She and Nichole were working while Piney and eye supervised with our adult beverages.
  • triviasteve
    Options
    Lit said:
    We just got home. We put out a lot of food but I didn't take 1 pic. We put out more smores sandwiches than I care to admit. Went through 4lbs of butter just on those. Had to be 4K people there today easily. Pretty sure this is the best fest around.
    If it was you that I gave the butter to in order to continue making them, they were awesome...  will you be posting the recipe?
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    YukonRon said:

Sandy busted her bum at this fest for sure!  She and Nichole were working while Piney and eye supervised with our adult beverages.
    Lol.......somehow I should have known that was coming........and ha to @piney
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • HurricaneEddie1
    Options
    That looks like a nice spot... Lots of shade from the trees.  Was just at the Sunshine State Eggfest and it was hot as hell.  I was cooking like i was skewered on a carson rodizio.  
    Cooking on a LBGE and MM down in Miami, FL.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    That looks like a nice spot... Lots of shade from the trees.  Was just at the Sunshine State Eggfest and it was hot as hell.  I was cooking like i was skewered on a carson rodizio.  
    Skip the SS fest and come to the best fest in the US! If I could only go to one fest it would be the Georgia Mountain Eggfest...............................................

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Skip the SS fest and come to the best fest in the US! If I could only go to one (sanctioned) fest it would be the Georgia Mountain Eggfest...............................................
    That's better. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Skip the SS fest and come to the best fest in the US! If I could only go to one (sanctioned) fest it would be the Georgia Mountain Eggfest...............................................
    That's better. 
    NCBB, is pretty doggone special too. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    That's better. 
    NCBB, is pretty doggone special too. 
    Yes it is and we will be there next year for sure............ I was only comparing GA fest to SS fest. I'm sure there were no Bourbon Slushies' at the SS fest, so why go!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer