Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Space City Eggfest is only 8 days away.

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited May 2016 in EggHead Forum
This is Houston's first Eggfest, but the Dealer, Ace Hardware, is going all out to make it a whopper.  

They call it the Space City Eggfest.  Catchy name...  

And it will be held in Old Town Spring, a quaint little shopping village with a lot of history.  http://oldtownspring.com/

Ace Hardware is really big into participating in fund raising events and they know how to put a plan together.  And they aren't bashful about asking some big-time businesses and personalities to get involved because the proceeds from this one goes to the Texas Children's Hospital, one of the most deserving hospitals in America, and for very good reason.  They perform miracles every day for children who have no other place to go for the care they need.  

So we would like to see a couple of thousand Tasters stopping by to see the Funny Looking Green Egg everyone seems to talk about all over town.  And they will be wanting to try something cooked on the Egg.  And some will ask questions about the Big Green Egg.  Heck!  You guys know the drill for Eggfest Cooks - Feed 'em and Fan 'em, and send 'em home happy.

The area where we will be cooking is set up so we Cooks can have special access with our vehicles and park very close to our tents.  There's electricity  (but bring an extension cord).  We don't believe it will rain but it doesn't matter.  We've cooked and served in the rain before.  Didn't hurt us.  If anything, it made us tougher...

There are some generous gift cards and other goodies for registered cooks. So that's a plus.

The Tasters will only have a 5 hour window to eat everything we cook.  So it's not like we have to work all day.  Yes, there's a Cook's After Party, as well as a Meet and Greet on Friday night if you can make it.

Now is a good time to buy Taster tickets, or if you would prefer to Cook, go here to register to cook.  (It's more fun as a Cook):

http://spacecityeggfest.com/

Yes, it's worth your time....

See you in Spring Texas USA.

Spring "People Drummer-Upper" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Should be a fantastic event, can't wait...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    For the first time ever, @20stone and I started planning a full 9 days in advance. It will hopefully pay off. 

Kinda excited to have one so close to home. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    we will be there, looking forward to cooking with @Photo Egg and his lovely wife again!
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Spring Chicken
    caliking said:
    For the first time ever, @20stone and I started planning a full 9 days in advance. It will hopefully pay off. 

Exciting for us too.  Old Town Spring is only about 3 miles away and a fun place to shop, even when there's no event going on.

Spring "Still Thinking What Else To Cook" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    caliking said:

@caliking Wait a minute, for real? Or was it a dream?
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @SGH We put Scottie's Balls back on the menu for The Space City Eggfest!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Spring Chicken
    Hotch said:
    @SGH We put Scottie's Balls back on the menu for The Space City Eggfest!
    Poor Scottie...

See you next week.

Spring "Counting Down Is Easier When You Have Enough Fingers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Spring Chicken

@caliking Wait a minute, for real? Or was it a dream?

It's real, and a dream come true.  Houston finally has its own Eggfest.  And it's 8 days from now.

See you there.

Spring "Dream On" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• 20stone
    20stone Posts: 1,961
    Hotch said:
    caliking said:

All this advance planning has a downside.  As @caliking said last night, the more time we have, the more we complicate the cook.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Team NFA is bringing 50 lbs of meat (to be cooked in multi-step processes and portioned out in little arty egg-shaped dishes).

This should be a great time.
    (now only 16 stone)

Joule SV
    GE induction stove
    Gasser by the community pool (currently unavailable)
    Scale (which one of my friends refuses to use)
    Friends with BGEs and myriad other fired devices (currently unavail IRL)
    Occasional access to a KBQ and Webber Kettle
    Charcuterie and sourdough enthusiast
    Prosciuttos in an undisclosed location

Austin, TX
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    20stone said:
    Hotch said:
    caliking said:

All this advance planning has a downside.  As @caliking said last night, the more time we have, the more we complicate the cook.

I don't know about the rest of you, but Team NFA is bringing 50 lbs of meat (to be cooked in multi-step processes and portioned out in little arty egg-shaped dishes).

This should be a great time.
    I love those little egg-shaped dishes. They are too cute to throw away! Sure hope we get to cook close to you guys so I can sample all that good stuff you cook. Hope you and @caliking have time to stop by the Chicken Ranch and meet the "girls".

Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • caliking
    Judy, I'm dying to visit the Coop some time. I love seeing pics of it whenever Leroy posts his cooks. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I must say, the space city eggfest web site is very impressively professional. Makes me want to eat my screen. Sorry I can't make it!
    And I just found out this evening that 600-1000 folks are expected.  

Oh crap. Should have started planning back when @Hotch did. 

• caliking
    I must say, the space city eggfest web site is very impressively professional. Makes me want to eat my screen. Sorry I can't make it!
    Aw come on! You're not that far.  I hear there may be some EW available in those parts. 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    Dang! Moved to Vegas from the Conroe area a year ago. Would have been in attendance for sure. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    caliking said:
    And I just found out this evening that 600-1000 folks are expected.  

Oh crap. Should have started planning back when @Hotch did. 
    Oh no!  We asked Troy if he had any idea of the number but have not heard from him. I guess we better start making Magnum Loads tomorrow:-)  We should be home all day Friday awaiting the arrival of Frank from Houma. Come by anytime. 510 Moggy Court, Spring, TX 77388. Exit I-45 at Cypresswodd Drive.  
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA