Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rotisserie Ribs on the Egg

Options
2»

Comments

• eggnewtoy
    eggnewtoy Posts: 496
    Options
    @YukonRon: will measure when it stops raining.  :)
    BGE Large and MiniMax, Napolean 500.  Obsessed with rotisserie.  

• eggnewtoy
    Options
    @bigbadben:  thx for sharing.  Wonder what accessory was used to do that?  

• smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    eggnewtoy said:

It looks like just 2 extra Joetisserie forks inserted from the inside. You can see them in the last picture. This kind of interests me as well. I am loving my Joetisserie!
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Is this doable on an XL w/o a significant amount of re engineering? I am curious, due to the fact, rotisserie was the way we would cook whenever we were fortunate to get suitable protein from the locals or supply. Don't miss those days, sure miss the camp cooks.
    The Big Joe and XL Egg are about the same size.  The Big Joe is 3/4 wider than the XL.  The rims are a 1/4 wider.  It will stick out a 1/4 inch past the rim on an XL Egg.  Hardly an issue.

The Big Joe JoeTisserie is supposed to be released by late summer or early fall. 
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    smokeyw said:
    eggnewtoy said:

It looks like just 2 extra Joetisserie forks inserted from the inside. You can see them in the last picture. This kind of interests me as well. I am loving my Joetisserie!smokeyw said:
    eggnewtoy said:

It looks like just 2 extra Joetisserie forks inserted from the inside. You can see them in the last picture. This kind of interests me as well. I am loving my Joetisserie!
    It was not my cook, but it made me drool. I have to wait for the xl version
  • bigbadben
    bigbadben Posts: 397
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Is this doable on an XL w/o a significant amount of re engineering? I am curious, due to the fact, rotisserie was the way we would cook whenever we were fortunate to get suitable protein from the locals or supply. Don't miss those days, sure miss the camp cooks.
    The Big Joe and XL Egg are about the same size.  The Big Joe is 3/4 wider than the XL.  The rims are a 1/4 wider.  It will stick out a 1/4 inch past the rim on an XL Egg.  Hardly an issue.

The Big Joe JoeTisserie is supposed to be released by late summer or early fall. 
    Let's wait and see it in action before we announce a release date. Even a demo would get me excited. 
  • jeroldharter
    jeroldharter Posts: 556
    Options
    I think you could do two racks. Skewer on wrack on the outer two tines of the forks and pierce it once (rather than twice) through the proximal ribs with the center rod. Skewer the other rack with the tines on the opposite side and pierce the distal ribs once with the center rod.
  • eggnewtoy
    Options
    Thanks @jeroldharter.  really interesting way to do it.  I was just thinking about squishing them down more.  Duh me.

• Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    YukonRon said:

Let's wait and see it in action before we announce a release date. Even a demo would get me excited. 
    Andy will be the first person to get a Big Joe version in his hands.  Keep on his post on the Kamado Guru forum.  That'll be your first chance to see one in action. 
    2x Kamado Joe Big Joes + Cyber Q Wifi + Themapen - Pizza Steel + BGE Paella Pan + BGE Ash Tools + Woo2 + Open Bar Fire Ring
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    I think you could do two racks. Skewer on wrack on the outer two tines of the forks and pierce it once (rather than twice) through the proximal ribs with the center rod. Skewer the other rack with the tines on the opposite side and pierce the distal ribs once with the center rod.

The Ribolator provides another option.  The Big Joe Joetisserie is coming with  2 set of forks for running two different cuts at a time.  
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    edited May 2016
    Options
    eggnewtoy said:
    @eggnewtoy thanks! Know the feeling, been raining here every day and the forecast is more of the same. Looking for an ark to come floating by.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Charcoal_Addict
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    eggnewtoy said:
    @eggnewtoy thanks! Know the feeling, been raining here every day and the forecast is more of the same. Looking for an ark to come floating by.
    Send some of that rain Alberta's way if you can. 

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Has anyone tried the one that fits in an XL?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Resurrecting an old thread that I remembered...

Since building my redneck XL joetisserie, I've been thinking of getting some basket, just scored two :)

1) stumbled upon this brand new one at thrift store for 2 loonies, missing the screw but it's an easy fix...

2) Been also thinking of getting a flat basket .... then suddenly realised I have this with detachable handle for years, just hack it!

canuckland
  • eggnewtoy
    Options
    Looks very useful.  Love it.