Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- pressure cooker night

Options
bhedges1987
bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
pot roast sounded good tonight so I picked up a 2.5lb choice that was just cut. 

Seasoned with meat church holy cow. Seared each side for 2 min, then into the instapot for 45 min.  

Let it go 45 min on high pressure and did a quick release and added my tomatoes, green beans, carrots and broccoli. Will let it go another 10 with a natural release at the end. 
So tender and flavorful.  I don't cook much meat on this thing as of yet. Normally just veggies. But it does pot roast absolutely great.  If I wasn't on a low carb diet, I would be pairing with some rolls and mashed potatoes. 

Kansas City, Missouri
Large Egg
Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

Comments

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Pressure cookers sure do work miracles and are miracles themselves, but man oh man do they scare me.  I keep thinking they are going to explode into a house full of shrapnel.  Yours looks good though .... 
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • bboulier
    bboulier Posts: 558
    Options
    Pot roast is the main reason I have a pressure cooker.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    bboulier said:
    Try some wild game like rabbit, squirrel, blackbird, woodpecker and quail. The PC really shines in this arena. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    SGH said:
    bboulier said:
    Try some wild game like rabbit, squirrel, blackbird, woodpecker and quail. The PC really shines in this arena. 
    I don't even know where to find wild game?? I would give it a try. 

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf