Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing pizza dough

Options
1st, Happy Mother's Day to the mother's out there!

2nd, is it okay to freeze pizza dough for later use?  Will it taste the same after thawing?

thanks!
MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA

Comments

• EggAg99
    EggAg99 Posts: 21
    Options
    I freeze half every time. Always great
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    Yes and yes.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• jollygreenegg
    jollygreenegg Posts: 181
    Options
    EggAg99 said:
    I freeze half every time. Always great
    Awesome.  Do you thaw in or out of the fridge?
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • EggAg99
    EggAg99 Posts: 21
    Options
    I've done both. If I set out in the morning I'll take out of Baggie and put in bowl in fridge. If I only have a few hours or like half a day I'll just set out at room temp.  I usually freeze after its risen so once it's warm it's basically ready 
  • dougcrann
    dougcrann Posts: 1,129
    Options
    Been wondering as well
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    I also freeze half, after letting it rise first. I thaw it out in the fridge if I want to make thin crust or at room temperature if I want deep pan. Dough that is slightly chilled, and also rolled out flat with a rolling pin, has less propensity to rise, so makes for better thin crust pizza in my experience.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------