Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two tier rack

Options
Can someone recommend where I can buy a robust two tier rack?  I need to increase my surface area on my large bge.  I really can't justify purchasing another grill.  Please don't refer me to ceramic grill works.  I ordered one of their racks on March 12th and just requested a refund today as it was never delivered. Their product is what I am looking for but their fullfilment is awful despite the fact they are advertising it is in stock.  The owner seems like a nice guy...just a bad businessman.

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited May 2016
    Options
    You could look at some options from Ceramic Grill Store.  Note this is in no way affiliated with ceramic grill works. 

https://ceramicgrillstore.com/

If you are looking for something a bit cheaper I have seen a few people using the grill dome extender shown here

I also just noticed this one on Amazon.  It looks like this is the Kamado Joe extender.  I haven't used it but I have seen it at Ace and it seems well made. 

One more option is to just get an 18 inch weber kettle grid and use some nuts, bolts, washers to make your own.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,188
    Options
    +100 for CGS! Good products and mine was shipped in a very reasonable period of time. Have ordered from them twice and happy both times. 
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Vizsla33 said:
    Can someone recommend where I can buy a robust two tier rack?  I need to increase my surface area on my large bge.  I really can't justify purchasing another grill.  Please don't refer me to ceramic grill works.  I ordered one of their racks on March 12th and just requested a refund today as it was never delivered. Their product is what I am looking for but their fullfilment is awful despite the fact they are advertising it is in stock.  The owner seems like a nice guy...just a bad businessman.
    I thought they went out of business. Thought I read a letter here saying so here.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Go with the Ceramic Grill store, only way to go..........................

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Just wanted to reinforce, Ceramic Grill Store.  I visited once, was given a tour of the back where production occurs.  First rate customer service and the products are well thought out and designed.  I have the PSWOO2-CI Combo, spider, drip pan for the large and the Woo Ring and drip pan for the small.  Use all of them regularly. 
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
  • malligator
    malligator Posts: 102
    Options
    I placed my first CGS order in March. I believe it was on a Thursday (but it might have been a Wednesday). I had my order on Saturday. I just ordered an AR today. It's already been picked up by FedEx. That is to say they don't just have a shipping label made. It's actually in the possession of FedEx on its way to me.

LBGE in PHX

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Nice...what is it
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • malligator
    Options
    PSWoo with extender and sliding D grid

LBGE in PHX

• Vizsla33
    Vizsla33 Posts: 4
    Options
    I greatly appreciate all the suggestions.  I just placed an order with the ceramic grill store today. I ordered one large rig combo, drip pan, adjustable rig extender, sliding D grid, and extra crossbars.  I called and spoke to a gentleman at the store.  Awesome experience and I just received my tracking number.  Can't wait to get it going.
  • smokeyw
    smokeyw Posts: 367
    Options
    Vizsla33 said:
    I greatly appreciate all the suggestions.  I just placed an order with the ceramic grill store today. I ordered one large rig combo, drip pan, adjustable rig extender, sliding D grid, and extra crossbars.  I called and spoke to a gentleman at the store.  Awesome experience and I just received my tracking number.  Can't wait to get it going.

You will love it!
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I'm surprised this hasn't gone South yet. Perhaps later this evening....
    New Albany, Ohio 

• bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Options
    Dobie said:
    exact same setup as me

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• nhk19
    nhk19 Posts: 151
    Options
    Vizsla33 said:
    Thanks for this post.  Been wondering and wanting too.  Just duplicated your order for myself from the CGS.   
    XLBGE
    Lewisburg, PA
  • Dave in Florida
    Dave in Florida Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Been working for me for years.  Wing nuts to adjust up and down. About $25.00 in SS parts.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Welcome to the Swamp.....GO GATORS!!!!
  • DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Been working for me for years.  Wing nuts to adjust up and down. About $25.00 in SS parts.
    I've made the same one!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• malligator
    Options
    Sorry to OT piggyback, but I have to rant and I don't want to start a new thread...

Freakin' FedEx!!!

CGS did a superb job of getting my R&B AR Combo, spider, and wok in FedEx's hands on Wednesday when I ordered it. Since then the delivery date has been today. This morning it was today. I get to work and refresh my tracking screen and now it's tomorrow. Grrrrrr. FedEx does this to me all the time. I wish they'd stop overpromising and underdelivering. I had plans to use the 13x17 stone for baking bagels tomorrow morning and then start a spare rib L&S right after.

CGS did their job. FedEx could learn a lot from them.

Rant off.

LBGE in PHX

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @malligator- -  maybe your rant will inspire CGS to see if they can get a better deal with UPS.  No delivery date issues with UPS but have had some wayward arrivals when in the hands of FedEx (and not around holidays).  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • malligator
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @malligator- -  maybe your rant will inspire CGS to see if they can get a better deal with UPS.  No delivery date issues with UPS but have had some wayward arrivals when in the hands of FedEx (and not around holidays).  FWIW-
    Yeah, I've never had this problem with UPS. And, if this was the first time with FedEx I wouldn't have said anything, but it's not. It happens quite often. Apparently all my stuff made it to my local hub this morning, but must have missed the delivery truck by a matter of minutes.

Of course, if it was UPS I wouldn't get getting my stuff until Monday.

Oh well. What are ya gonna do?

#firstworldproblems

LBGE in PHX